How does the algorithm that cuts us by outside company work???

anonymous

Does anyone really have any solid info as to what goes into the algorithm and how it works. Merck people are not at all involved right? Whatever list the computer spits out is it? Please help us understand, is it folks with the old pension and higher salaries that go first?? Thank you.

<

It is illegal to cut based on age, salary or even performance (unless on a formal performance plan). The approach used is to first configure the territories, and then select the representative whose residence (address) is the most central in that territory. It must be the address where the rep lives and registered to vote. PO boxes are easily ruled out. This is the most effective way to avoid lawsuits.

Does anyone really have any solid info as to what goes into the algorithm and how it works. Merck people are not at all involved right? Whatever list the computer spits out is it? Please help us understand, is it folks with the old pension and higher salaries that go first?? Thank you.
If you are white, male and straight you are gone

They probably mined data from your work via the iPad and calculated productivity.
Then they factored age and salary. Finally, the guys they used were the Bobs from Office Space so all decisions were randomized, double blinded, and arbitrary.

They probably mined data from your work via the iPad and calculated productivity.
Then they factored age and salary. Finally, the guys they used were the Bobs from Office Space so all decisions were randomized, double blinded, and arbitrary.
We as management make our decisions on who we like. If you can't kiss ass bye bye!

I survived the cut but I'm embarrassed of how Merck handled this lay-off. It was a complete lack of respect for their employees and is an indication of how far the company has fallen. Awful pipeline, awful management. They lost a lot of good people.

I survived the cut but I'm embarrassed of how Merck handled this lay-off. It was a complete lack of respect for their employees and is an indication of how far the company has fallen. Awful pipeline, awful management. They lost a lot of good people.

I read the other forum. Am I supposed to feel sorry for people who walked away with 3M or 5M? Cry me a river!!!

Not far off. It is (Age * Salary/HotNess) + LocalUtilityFactor * (CarMileage)**(0.5)