• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

HERE COMES GENERIC NEXIUM!!

Anonymous

Yes boys and girls, it looks like the Prilosec knock-off will have a generic competitor in the next few days! But don't despair, the constipation drug will save us! Let's not forget Brilinta! The future looks bright, so bright in fact that we are filling every vacancy possible, and we may need EVEN MORE reps!

Now hit the field, and never forget, WE...ARE....AZZZZZZZZZ!!

http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/j...a-shield-against-nexium-competitor/2013-10-02

<

I am hopping on board! I love a job where I don't have to work and collect a fat check!
God, most pahram reps are delusional about there importance-you are nothing more than a well-dressed Fed-Ex worker-and most MD's have more respect for them then some suitcase dragging bitch on her cellphone ordering Panera and making a nail appointment-what a joke!!!

I am hopping on board! I love a job where I don't have to work and collect a fat check!
God, most pahram reps are delusional about there importance-you are nothing more than a well-dressed Fed-Ex worker-and most MD's have more respect for them then some suitcase dragging bitch on her cellphone ordering Panera and making a nail appointment-what a joke!!!

The difference is that the front office cows are actually happy to see the FedEx guy/gal.

Update on AstraZeneca's Nexium Competition
ZacksBy Zacks Equity Research | Zacks – 18 hours ago

Nexium (esomeprazole) for gastroesophageal reflux disease generated sales of approximately $2 billion in the first half of 2013, accounting for approximately 15% of AstraZeneca’s (AZN) total revenues. However, the company expects Nexium sales to decline from 2014 onwards due to generic competition. We remind investors that AstraZeneca is entangled in patent litigation related to Nexium with several generic companies including Actavis, Inc. (ACT).

Additionally, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit :)CAFC) has lifted the temporary injunction against the U.S. launch of Hanmi Pharmaceutical’s esomeprazole strontium. Esomeprazole strontium was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration :)FDA) in Aug 2013.

We remind investors that in Jun 2013 AstraZeneca had entered into an agreement with Hanmi Pharma and Amneal Pharmaceuticals (the U.S. marketing partner of Hanmi Pharma), to resolve patent issues related to AstraZeneca’s Nexium involving esomeprazole strontium.

As per the terms of the agreement, Amneal Pharma and Hanmi Pharma accepted that two of AstraZeneca’s patents (5,714,504 and 5,877,192) protecting Nexium in the U.S. are valid. The consent judgment provides that Hanmi’s esomeprazole strontium product does not infringe these patents based on the District Court’s claim construction issued in Dec 12, 2012.

AstraZeneca filed a Notice of Appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit seeking reversal of critical aspects of the District Court’s Dec 2012 construction.

So what if it comes a few months early? Also, AZ should be counting their lucky stars they got what they did from Nexium. Seriously, the s-isomer of Prilosec generating more than $6B a year at peak. No one expected that.

What you don't seem to realize: Nexium IS generic Prilosec. You probably don't remember when Prilosec was the Purple Pill. Look at Nexium in the mirror. What do you see. Prilosec.

Now THAT was marketing genius: Getting that joke past the FDA.

What you don't seem to realize: Nexium IS generic Prilosec. You probably don't remember when Prilosec was the Purple Pill. Look at Nexium in the mirror. What do you see. Prilosec.

Now THAT was marketing genius: Getting that joke past the FDA.

Actually, Prilosec is not the mirror image of Nexium. Don't you guys have to go to college?
Prilosec was both mirror images, Nexium is only the S isomer. Some of the nasty gastro side effects were more associated with some of the metabolites of the R isomer, so Nexium, the S isomer only, allowed for a higher dose without hitting the limiting side effects. This unexpected result is why the patent was not declared "obvious". However, Prilosec still did work fine for most patients. This difference only really meant anything for those patients who needed a higher dose.

Actually, Prilosec is not the mirror image of Nexium. Don't you guys have to go to college?
Prilosec was both mirror images, Nexium is only the S isomer. Some of the nasty gastro side effects were more associated with some of the metabolites of the R isomer, so Nexium, the S isomer only, allowed for a higher dose without hitting the limiting side effects. This unexpected result is why the patent was not declared "obvious". However, Prilosec still did work fine for most patients. This difference only really meant anything for those patients who needed a higher dose.

Exactly, higher dose. I take Nexium and have tried Prilosec, but Nexium works better for me. Why? Most likely because it is to a large degree a higher dose Prilosec. My GI in fact tried to talk me out of Nexium while he was writing a prescription. I told him I got a great deal.

Exactly, higher dose. I take Nexium and have tried Prilosec, but Nexium works better for me. Why? Most likely because it is to a large degree a higher dose Prilosec. My GI in fact tried to talk me out of Nexium while he was writing a prescription. I told him I got a great deal.

Great! Since it will be generic soon it will be even cheaper. Along with generic Crestor and Symbicort.

Nexium actually IS an exact mirror image of Prilosec. It's called an enantiomer. Yes, it's an isomer, but more exactly described as an enantiomer, a mirror image of the original molecule. And, yes, I went to college.

And you majored in marketing! That makes you a science expert too, right blowhard?

Exactly why the doctors shut the door to reps. YOU.

(Mirror images, like your left hand is a mirror image of the right one. Your left hand doesn't fit the glove for the right hand. All of the (false, BTW) theory is that the drug fits in a little slot in a receptor site. The assholes who came up with the theory never played one of those old desktop puzzle games where you try to fit the thing in the slot.)

Whenever someone comes along with an attitude, watch out. Do the opposite of what he advises.

No I did not major in marketing, and I did not claim to be an expert.

I have great access to my doctors; I've never had the door shut on me.

Mirror image: I think I said that already. Enantiomer. It's not a hard concept.

You did get one thing right in your post: "Whenever someone comes along with an attitude, watch out."

I think that would be YOU!

No I did not major in marketing, and I did not claim to be an expert.

I have great access to my doctors; I've never had the door shut on me.

Mirror image: I think I said that already. Enantiomer. It's not a hard concept.

You did get one thing right in your post: "Whenever someone comes along with an attitude, watch out."

I think that would be YOU!

This guy has never has a door shut on him! He's the reason that everyone else is expected to make 8 face to face full calls daily -- and hell, if the door is never shut, 8 is easy!! I could do 12 if they never said no.

Every listen up to this guy, if he has something to actually contribute. We know he wasn't a marketing major, and we know he has unfettered access to his docs. Speak up buddy! Tell us your secret

Nexium actually IS an exact mirror image of Prilosec. It's called an enantiomer. Yes, it's an isomer, but more exactly described as an enantiomer, a mirror image of the original molecule. And, yes, I went to college.

You are a complete and total idiot. A little knowledge memorized from what someone much smarter than you once mentioned to you is more dangerous than none at all, as you have just proven once again.
One more time for the slow learners like yourself. Prilosec is comprised of BOTH enanatiomers, Nexium is only a SINGLE enantiomer, the S isomer, hence the "Es" prefix is attached to the generic name for prilosec for the generic name for Nexium, coming soon to a pharmacy near you.

You never passed a science course for science majors in your life did you?