Final Interview Question

anonymous

Finished my final interview with the RD. I closed for job and he said it’s my DM’s decision. Is this generally really true? If so why have an RD be on final interview?

<

Its a possibility that he is just being honest especially if they flew you to a meeting spot either as a sole candidate or up against competition...Usually AZ has the RD fly in to do the final w the DM. Bottom line is I wouldnt sweat unless you dont here anything by noon tomorrow. It usually goes very quickly after the final interviews are done, Good luck!

The only way a regional interviews candidates is if they are a micromanager and don’t trust their leadership team in place to do their job.

If the regional is interviewing because there is a vacant DM position and they need to fill a position quickly then that’s a different story.

The only way a regional interviews candidates is if they are a micromanager and don’t trust their leadership team in place to do their job.

If the regional is interviewing because there is a vacant DM position and they need to fill a position quickly then that’s a different story.
I am a retired RSD. I only intervened if the DSM was inexperienced or their wasn’t another DSM to help. Policy dictates two interviewers.
Good luck

Finished my final interview with the RD. I closed for job and he said it’s my DM’s decision. Is this generally really true? If so why have an RD be on final interview?
Even though the manager may have the final say, the RD may be giving their stamp of approval. Also sometimes, the manager may have 2 good candidates & want to see what the RD thinks. If the RD makes a suggestion and the manager picks that candidate and that candidate does not work out, then the manager doesn't feel that the bad hiring decision was entirely their fault.