ddemar5

new user
Long time reader, first time poster here. I’m just looking to get some insight on these two specific areas of med device sales.

I’ve been wanting to pursue either extremities (foot and ankle) or OR (hips, joints, shoulder) and I’m just curious as to what has better job outlook? Better yet if I were to specialize in extremities or OR/Trauma what would make me more marketable?

I have a 4 year business degree in Management and Administration and many credits from my several medical classes from college. But I’m planning on now attending Medical Sales College. My buddy has had much success after attending the school and recommends I go there. They are offering an 8-week course on “extremities” and an 8-week course on “orthopedic reconstruction/trauma.” I have interest in both, but if I’m going to attend one of these, I want it to be the right one. So is there one I should choose over the other for any reason?

Thanks.

<

Dont waste your time and money on that scam “degree” from medical sales college. Go to a good B2B company for 1-2 years, put up some numbers, learn how to sell, network, then you will get the medical gigs calling you to interview. Best of luck.

I’ve done both, had more fun and made more money doing total joints. Nothing worse than running plates/screws all over your territory for a case the doc “might” need to use your implants. That’s my 2 cents, good luck.