Displaced Psych Reps

Anonymous

Curious as to whether or not a lot of psych reps have been hired into primary care positions around the country...it is very skimpy down here in the south. Primary care DMs said that they would give preference to psych reps, but they've been promoting PHRs to SHRs and allowing laterals for reps that already have jobs. Also, I've been told that face to face interviews were not guaranteed as AJ promised.

<

Another promise broken. When will people learn? You cannot trust anyone but yourself and a few people in your life who have earned that right. Never let a company earn that right.

its true in Midwest as well. No Psych reps have been hired. I heard that a former King Dm gave a part-timer a job before giving it to a psych rep. Why would Pfizer even hire a King DM? They should have made him a part-timer. We are so done!!!!!! Less than an 1.5 hours left before the ax falls. Good-bye to all my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious as to whether or not a lot of psych reps have been hired into primary care positions around the country...it is very skimpy down here in the south. Primary care DMs said that they would give preference to psych reps, but they've been promoting PHRs to SHRs and allowing laterals for reps that already have jobs. Also, I've been told that face to face interviews were not guaranteed as AJ promised.

its true in Midwest as well. No Psych reps have been hired. I heard that a former King Dm gave a part-timer a job before giving it to a psych rep. Why would Pfizer even hire a King DM? They should have made him a part-timer. We are so done!!!!!! Less than an 1.5 hours left before the ax falls. Good-bye to all my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the south, there are no more king dm's,thank god

I have heard of very, very few psych reps being placed. Most of what I've heard is that people may or may not have gotten face to face interviews, but that they were dinged for PC jobs. This is ridiculous. These are reps who performed well in PC previously and did so well enough to be promoted. Now, they aren't up to the job? I don't believe it. What I do believe is that there is some kind of bias against psych reps.

No real bias. Just wrong place wrong time. It's a shame AJ didn't just end psych like opthalmics and offer the better severence. I bet as many opthalmic rep posted and were retained as there will be psych reps. She just said it wasn't going to be like opthalmics.
Appears very similar?

I have heard of very, very few psych reps being placed. Most of what I've heard is that people may or may not have gotten face to face interviews, but that they were dinged for PC jobs. This is ridiculous. These are reps who performed well in PC previously and did so well enough to be promoted. Now, they aren't up to the job? I don't believe it. What I do believe is that there is some kind of bias against psych reps.

Sorry, your told old for that job now. Doubt age discrimination works at Pfizer? Look around and tell me how many over 45 reps in primary care there are?

Operational Excellence!
Requires some pension cuts to save some real money.
Remember Pfizer no longer offers a pension to new employees. Therefore need to notify of job loss to the over 45 year old reps.

Just ridiculous....another Pfizer Pf*ckup, we go and buy Wyeth and can't even keep a salesforce to sell Pristiq? How about paying for indications like Lilly did...No, we get rid of psych and then hire pc reps for vaccines.....how stupid is this place?

The new leadership team realizes the value of the a rep is is declining rapidly.
Lipitor the cash cow is going.
Look at the facts, there will be less not more, money and reps.
1st opthalmics then psych, what goes generic next?

I've been told that face to face interviews were not guaranteed as AJ promised

Not sure why anyone would believe that upper-management would be transparent about this cut, and the lack of psych reps getting re-absorbed.

Come on people, look at our track record over the past 6 years. Tell me if this sounds familiar: 5-6 weeks before a big cut, we are told that all was good, HQ was just going to "trim a little fat", maybe go after some early retirements, blah, blah, blah.

To consciously and willingly mis-lead those psych reps was wrong. To put them through that dog & pony show of making 8-10 reps within the same district compete for that one available job was a travesty. To lead them to believe that they had a realistic shot at a vaccine job was heartless.

We deserve to be jack-slapped up and down E 42nd Street for the way that we're handling this downsizing.