• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Did AZ put rep in danger of getting Covid?

COVID hit in March ‘20, we left the field for a few weeks, and then literally as soon as they knew they could get away with it, AZ pushed us back into the field and we had a senior person telling us that we needed to find a way to get to Drs using whatever it took to make it happen. Now, nearly two years later, AZ cares so much they mandate vaccines for everyone. I wonder where the priorities lie. Us? I don’t think so.
Funny, you didn’t need to be vaccinated to sneak up on doctors as they tried to get to their cars to drive home after a long day of treating COVID patients, and you didn’t need to be vaccinated to skulk around their back doors. What changed?

Funny, you didn’t need to be vaccinated to sneak up on doctors as they tried to get to their cars to drive home after a long day of treating COVID patients, and you didn’t need to be vaccinated to skulk around their back doors. What changed?
I guess Covid visionary back door bob isn’t calling the shots anymore.

I assume you’re being sarcastic. It’s hard to imagine more inconsistent direction.
Sarcasm is definitely in order, and it’s impossible to think this has anything to do with AZ employees’ well being. It was all about getting a live sales message out to Drs - when the competition was staying home, no less - when BG put his video out. And here we are now, two years later, being told we MUST be vaccinated so we can be safe. Right….we’re still paying a price from HCPs for the former decision. AZ looked really greedy. Imagine if we actually had spent our days running around in parking lots trying to track Drs down.

Sarcasm is definitely in order, and it’s impossible to think this has anything to do with AZ employees’ well being. It was all about getting a live sales message out to Drs - when the competition was staying home, no less - when BG put his video out. And here we are now, two years later, being told we MUST be vaccinated so we can be safe. Right….we’re still paying a price from HCPs for the former decision. AZ looked really greedy. Imagine if we actually had spent our days running around in parking lots trying to track Drs down.
This is an immoral company without terrible leadership. I hope I can find something in another industry because this is just soul crushing.

This is an immoral company without terrible leadership. I hope I can find something in another industry because this is just soul crushing.
The longer you stay the harder it will be to leave. People get used to making a fairly decent amount of money for doing very little. If you’ve only been doing this for a few years, and you don’t have big financial obligations, leave now and I’m sure you’ll feel better looking in the mirror in the long run. For those of us who stayed, this choice is one you look back on and say to yourself that it was good from a standard of living perspective, but I’ve never heard anyway say that it something they were proud to say they did or accomplished. Good luck.

The longer you stay the harder it will be to leave. People get used to making a fairly decent amount of money for doing very little. If you’ve only been doing this for a few years, and you don’t have big financial obligations, leave now and I’m sure you’ll feel better looking in the mirror in the long run. For those of us who stayed, this choice is one you look back on and say to yourself that it was good from a standard of living perspective, but I’ve never heard anyway say that it something they were proud to say they did or accomplished. Good luck.
I went through training with a guy many years ago. He left the industry after about 6 yrs and starts a small business. We remain friends to this day, and it’s amazing how different our levels of satisfaction are. COVID was tough on his business, but he bounced back. He is so much more satisfied with his work life than I could ever be. I wish I’d left a long time ago, but it’s just too late now. Find new hobbies and charities to work with, that helps me. When you finally realize how corrupt corporate America is, and particularly big Pharma, it’s hard to pretend we’re in this for the right reasons.

I went through training with a guy many years ago. He left the industry after about 6 yrs and starts a small business. We remain friends to this day, and it’s amazing how different our levels of satisfaction are. COVID was tough on his business, but he bounced back. He is so much more satisfied with his work life than I could ever be. I wish I’d left a long time ago, but it’s just too late now. Find new hobbies and charities to work with, that helps me. When you finally realize how corrupt corporate America is, and particularly big Pharma, it’s hard to pretend we’re in this for the right reasons.
Maybe, but where else can you get leaders like B Gilot? I mean, his timeout Tuesday video is cash money.

Just to state the obvious - having live meetings even if everyone is vaccinated is still putting employees at risk of getting Covid. We all know people who have been vaccinated and gotten Covid.

Believe it or not, Back Door Bob Gilot is running a consulting company. I guess he’s going to charge people money to show them how get severance packages when they get fired for ethics violations. He definitely has expertise there.

Believe it or not, Back Door Bob Gilot is running a consulting company. I guess he’s going to charge people money to show them how get severance packages when they get fired for ethics violations. He definitely has expertise there.
He definitely has expertise in getting severance packages. He told me he got a huge package and large bonus. If that's true, shame on you AZ!!!!!

This can’t be true. Who the hell would hire Gilot to consult in anything? I mean, seriously.