CUTS, CUTS AND MORE CUTS

anonymous

To the 400 people that have been cut: Those left feel bad for you and know that it could have been one of us. We realize we could be next. I am curious to hear the breakout of the numbers and what kind of package AZ is giving you. What does that look like? When is your last day and how long will you have AZ health insurance? How did they decide who to cut?

<

Not a whole lot of details on this latest downsizing circulating on Cafe Pharma.

Perhaps it wasn't as bad as feared.

I wish the best for everyone but am also interested because it could easily be any of us next time.

That’s BS. AZ is toxic. I was one that got laid off last year and found a WAY better job and company culture. They did me a favor. Severance plus another job. Can’t get better than that!

Not a whole lot of details on this latest downsizing circulating on Cafe Pharma.

Perhaps it wasn't as bad as feared.

I wish the best for everyone but am also interested because it could easily be any of us next time.
Yeah I figured this thread would be blowing up with people talking about the cuts. What the heck happened out there?

Kristen gone, Larry gone, RD gone, 400 plus gone. I've been here many years and I have to say the old adage is true: Don't believe what you read and only half of what you see. These "leaders" have been selling a bill of goods and it was all lies. Now go and take that Pulse survey that was released on the same day as the massive layoff. Tone Deaf as usual.

Cuts happen in this industry. I was cut from AZ 5 years ago after over 20 years. Got a year severance and had a new job with a 20% increase within 2 weeks. I hope u all have the same experience.

I feel sorry for the 400 let go but let's face it--the layoff could have been 1000 reps. I've been around for over ten years in the same territory and over time less and less doctors will see any rep. ,I have basically a week and a half of work in any given month. The rest of the time is all lies. I feel bad about putting down calls I don't make but what choice do I have? My manager is a good guy. He knows the truth in my territory and others in my city. He just looks the other way. When I work with him I take him to the same doctors time after time. He says nothing about that. This has to be the craziest business in all the world.

Standard AZ package. Minimum of six weeks or two years for every year beyond three years. Warn notice act as well. Should get paid through February.
At least you will get paid through some of the winter. Good luck to you. Did everyone get pulled from the field I assume? No more working the territory?

I got the call - I was let go - and I have mixed emotions. If I had to convert my salary to wages, I make about $3k per hour - there is very little to do, and the pay and benefits are pretty good. I will miss getting paid for doing almost nothing, but I am hopeful that the next chapter will be better for my soul and self esteem. I was very bothered by much of what I saw at AZ, particularly post COVID. I appreciate the person who posted the Bob Gilot video because it exposed what AZ is really all about - GREED. I wish all of you the best; both those who were cut, and those who weren’t. Many of us who were let go will go on to find much more satisfying work, some won’t. Try not to get too self-absorbed over this, and have faith. Despite everything that going on, things will get better.