• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

CEO Brennan is out, retiring, CFO Lowth interim CEO from June

I would rather have a real pharma guy, someone who worked in the field, than some dumb ass, no pharma experienecd, over paid, asshoi;le. At least Brennan paid his dues like the rest of us. Also, most big pharma CEO's are commerical, not scientific guys.

Are you suggesting a salesman has credentials of having "worked in the field", and a scientist hasn't?! That's a good one.

The way I see it a salesman could be peddling drugs or used automobiles on a cheesy lot.
It's a job that only requires the ability to push a product down someone's throat and gets no respect from me.

I doubt DB even had a chemistry set as a kid....

The problem with his failed acquisition strategy (aside of no good investments coming from it) is that it's flawed, especially if you asset strip, and "reshape" the company beyond recognition, winding down the life blood of R&D. At some point that leads to the company producing no new products which are unique and the skills are not there to fix it, leaving the company ripe to become the hunted, not the hunter. Oh hold on, we're almost there...

Well, well, well. How are all of the 'KOOL-AID DRINKERS" feeling right about now? What about the totally stupid DM's that talk all day about how great AZ is doing? One in FL comes to mind! The quarterly numbers were THE worst in AZ history, and the worst is yet to come! Much worse!! I left several months ago and i can tell you that if you get off your butt, you can find something else as well. Hospital/CVAS are in a very bad place with The Medicine Company being brought in to sell Brilinta, when they couldn't. Crestor has stalled. Seroquel IR has tanked. Symbicort faces generic Advair by years' end or the first of next year, and then goes off patent shortly thereafter!!!! Nexium goes in 2014!

People wake up! Pull out the "KOOL-AID IV" and get moving and planning your escape outta here! Time IS running out on all of you!!

Good advice, but few of the idiots known as AZ reps/DM's have brains enough to read the writing on the wall. They all think, "Gee whiz, if I make my metrics and capped call numbers, and my sales are great, I will HAVE to survive the next layoff! How could they downsize a winner like me?" Fucking morons! Now The Medicine Company has been brought in to sell Brilinta, thank God, because our sorry ass Hosp/CVAS reps can't, maybe it will start helping the bottom line. But, it's just a wee bit too late I'm afraid. AZ is fast swirling down the shitter thanks to our glorious leadership!

Are you suggesting a salesman has credentials of having "worked in the field", and a scientist hasn't?! That's a good one.

The way I see it a salesman could be peddling drugs or used automobiles on a cheesy lot.
It's a job that only requires the ability to push a product down someone's throat and gets no respect from me.

There are plenty of scientists who are salesmen. Most successful people are good at selling themselves. There's a big difference between selling a used car and complex products. Fitting the product to the need is quite different than shoving a product down someone's throat. As you said, that doesn't work. Real selling is when you buy something from someone and sold yourself because it's what you want or need.

Good advice, but few of the idiots known as AZ reps/DM's have brains enough to read the writing on the wall. They all think, "Gee whiz, if I make my metrics and capped call numbers, and my sales are great, I will HAVE to survive the next layoff! How could they downsize a winner like me?" Fucking morons! Now The Medicine Company has been brought in to sell Brilinta, thank God, because our sorry ass Hosp/CVAS reps can't, maybe it will start helping the bottom line. But, it's just a wee bit too late I'm afraid. AZ is fast swirling down the shitter thanks to our glorious leadership!

So true, Perhaps the reps that launched Onglyza, Kombigylze, Vimovo, Seroquel -XR and who did such an amazing Job should be promoted to sell Brilinta... BECAUSE those teams clearly are our best reps !!!!! OH my GOD I forgot aboput the amazing launch of Symbicort.... we should have those reps sell Brilinta !!!

It was just a fluke that CVAS prior to Lipitor $4 card had in most states 2 to 3 times the market share of the Primary care terriorties.

So easy to sell Brilinta doctors just love the fact that the #1 side affect which happens about 14% of the time makes patients think they are having another heart attack !!!

AND BID dosing is so convenient for the elderly ansd such a good idea for medication indicated for a life threatening disease state.