Cafepharma more valuable than Pulse survey

<

Now that another tough year is behind us, I hope AZ will find a way to check the pulse of the organization so we can ACTUALLY see positive change. The Pulse Survey is useless because most people either just don’t care enough to fill it out (because they don’t believe their comments will make any difference) and/or because there’s no trust that the dang thing is really anonymous. Honestly, this thread is actually accurate; you can glean more from CafePharma - just filter out the obvious crude posts -than you can from a survey whose whole purpose is to get a sense of what people are thinking and feeling. Step one needs to be to get rid of the bad leaders.

Now that another tough year is behind us, I hope AZ will find a way to check the pulse of the organization so we can ACTUALLY see positive change. The Pulse Survey is useless because most people either just don’t care enough to fill it out (because they don’t believe their comments will make any difference) and/or because there’s no trust that the dang thing is really anonymous. Honestly, this thread is actually accurate; you can glean more from CafePharma - just filter out the obvious crude posts -than you can from a survey whose whole purpose is to get a sense of what people are thinking and feeling. Step one needs to be to get rid of the bad leaders.
That’s absurd. Using Cafepharma as the gauge leads to the belief that every device, biotech, and pharmaceutical company is awful. The majority of posts, on every board, are people complaining about their jobs. We could each of you a 200K salary, free vehicle, and unlimited expenses, but you all would still complain about ride alongs, call requirements, and having to attend meetings.

LOL this industry is so bogus. Management pretends they care about their employees. Sales reps pretend they are motivated to achieve great sales and are working nine to five every day. It's all bullsh*t but hell, the pay and freedom are great...once you learn to play this silly game. I don't understand why so many pharma reps complain. This is the best corporate welfare gig going!!!

That’s absurd. Using Cafepharma as the gauge leads to the belief that every device, biotech, and pharmaceutical company is awful. The majority of posts, on every board, are people complaining about their jobs. We could each of you a 200K salary, free vehicle, and unlimited expenses, but you all would still complain about ride alongs, call requirements, and having to attend meetings.
You do have to separate the wheat from the chaff, but there are clearly things highlighted that should enlighten the top of the organization to legitimate concerns. You certainly get a better sense of the things that weigh on reps than you would from the dumb pulse survey which nobody cares enough about to answer or answer honestly. There is a lot of negativity, but if you think about it, that’s why many people come to CP; to express frustration about bad leaders, processes, etc.

LOL this industry is so bogus. Management pretends they care about their employees. Sales reps pretend they are motivated to achieve great sales and are working nine to five every day. It's all bullsh*t but hell, the pay and freedom are great...once you learn to play this silly game. I don't understand why so many pharma reps complain. This is the best corporate welfare gig going!!!
I care about all of my employees. I have mentored many a rep late into the evening. I’ve gone into the wee hours of the morning with a few!