• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

AZ will become an Ideal company, if they did this ONE thing...

Anonymous

Let's see what you think will make AZ the best pharma company?

I say: If AZ trained and instilled in their CBDs and DSM/DBMs the LEADERSHIP skills. MAde them Leaders and not Managers

<

Let's see what you think will make AZ the best pharma company?

I say: If AZ trained and instilled in their CBDs and DSM/DBMs the LEADERSHIP skills. MAde them Leaders and not Managers

I don't believe you can "make" a leader. You can make a manager. Many good people and yes LEADERS within our sales force do not want to go into management. Why? Bullshit from reps/bosses, extreme amount of paperwork, more travel, more meetings, overall more crap. I don't know what the answer is but I'm sure the majority of the sales force knows and feels we have the WRONG people within "leadership" positions in this company.

I don't believe you can "make" a leader. You can make a manager. Many good people and yes LEADERS within our sales force do not want to go into management. Why? Bullshit from reps/bosses, extreme amount of paperwork, more travel, more meetings, overall more crap. I don't know what the answer is but I'm sure the majority of the sales force knows and feels we have the WRONG people within "leadership" positions in this company.

Some very valid points indeed. Making a full and fundmental change in the management team, their focus and philosophies, and operating strategies will perhaps bring about the necessary change. Which obviously is NOT possible. Bottomline - there is no hope for AZ.
And we are screwed.

Some very valid points indeed. Making a full and fundmental change in the management team, their focus and philosophies, and operating strategies will perhaps bring about the necessary change. Which obviously is NOT possible. Bottomline - there is no hope for AZ.
And we are screwed.

Screwed huh? I don't think so. Look around you. Every major pharma has had multiple layoffs since our last one 01/12. AZ hires relentlessly, whether they need to or not. Hell, they even hired useless nurses for Brilinta! I mean you can't make this shit up! 95% of us work short days, and nobody really cares. There are no talks of layoffs on any front. Frenchie loves us! Just learn to PLAY THE GAME my friends and we will all be fine!

AZ would be an ideal company if they had plenty of profits to go around. They used to. There are now too many around with influence who don't know where the company came from.

The company came from the likes of Prilosec! It was a CURE. Doctors told the front desk, "Get me more samples!" The doctors who knew about it wrote it every time and the patients came back and said, "Thank you so much, you are a genius, my life is so much better!"

So every jackass with a sample bag was aggrandized as a top performer because of who knows? The fact is the drug was superior. AZ no longer has superior products. The World would not suffer is AZ suddenly and completely went away. It well might be better off.

AZ will become an ideal company, if someone like Pfizer acquired it. I know Pfizer is no longer interested - but a corp like Pfizer that knows how to run and manage, and gain marketplace superiority is the only answer.

Screwed huh? I don't think so. Look around you. Every major pharma has had multiple layoffs since our last one 01/12. AZ hires relentlessly, whether they need to or not. Hell, they even hired useless nurses for Brilinta! I mean you can't make this shit up! 95% of us work short days, and nobody really cares. There are no talks of layoffs on any front. Frenchie loves us! Just learn to PLAY THE GAME my friends and we will all be fine!
I checked this out. It is a matter of public record, a federal law than not even AZ would dare to ignore. It is walled the WARN act. Check out the filings by Novartis and then AZ. It may only be a precaution and not specific numbers are provided. But is intended to give us a heads up that cuts are coming.

I checked this out. It is a matter of public record, a federal law than not even AZ would dare to ignore. It is walled the WARN act. Check out the filings by Novartis and then AZ. It may only be a precaution and not specific numbers are provided. But is intended to give us a heads up that cuts are coming.

WARN filing where? What link? Nothing is posted under Delaware Job link. Put up or shut up!

Link?