Another AN Rep gone

I am a Rep who left and went to the Competition. It is easy pickens to take the accounts away. Even the products that Abbott has that I do not sell are going to another competitor.
Abbott is in a whirlpool going down. I recommend you getting out while you can.

I am a Rep who left and went to the Competition. It is easy pickens to take the accounts away. Even the products that Abbott has that I do not sell are going to another competitor.
Abbott is in a whirlpool going down. I recommend you getting out while you can.

You were PIPed out of Abbott and you are a traitor for going to the competition. You took that job b/c you didn't qualify for another position at a decent company. AN competitors are worse than us so stop the BS.

You were PIPed out of Abbott and you are a traitor for going to the competition. You took that job b/c you didn't qualify for another position at a decent company. AN competitors are worse than us so stop the BS.

Actually we are going to the tryouts for the Canadian Football League next week with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. This will be a great career change.

It is survival of the smartest. No one cares what you did in the past, how long you have been here or how much business you have. It is a different matrix to survive here. Forget everything you have learned and know. It doesn't matter. In the long run our business will hurt. In the short run, who knows I do know that anyone over 45 with 10-15 years with this company is in trouble. I could write a book on this subject.

WE all used to be a team fighting for the same goal. It is now an Us against Them mentality. Todays mgrs are mean, nasty and refuse to listen to reason. District managers are bad but regional managers are the worst. Nothing but kiss ass know it alls. Most haven't come from this division and don't have a clue how to sell these products. Marketing is getting destroyed by Mead's marketing team. They put us at every disadvantage and expect us to get 100% of the business. What a freakin joke.

" I do know that anyone over 45 with 10-15 years with this company is in trouble. I could write a book on this subject.[/QUOTE]

This guy is correct. I was let go with about 100 others. All folks had 20 - 30 years and were ALL 50 and up. All were top performers (not slackers). I saw their numbers.

I know 3 of them well as we went to a major competition. At one of out meetings the district and Regional Sales Mgrs said we are all exceeding what they expected and wonder why we aggressively go after Abbott Accounts. It is the principle (not $). Any $ saved from getting rid of us is GROSSLY outweighed by the accounts we have taken from Abbott. I live for it. Revenge ?

" I do know that anyone over 45 with 10-15 years with this company is in trouble. I could write a book on this subject.

This guy is correct. I was let go with about 100 others. All folks had 20 - 30 years and were ALL 50 and up. All were top performers (not slackers). I saw their numbers.

I know 3 of them well as we went to a major competition. At one of out meetings the district and Regional Sales Mgrs said we are all exceeding what they expected and wonder why we aggressively go after Abbott Accounts. It is the principle (not $). Any $ saved from getting rid of us is GROSSLY outweighed by the accounts we have taken from Abbott. I live for it. Revenge ?[/QUOTE]

Disgusting.

Is there a theme here? I believe the PN sales team are a bunch of whiners

Maybe so. There's a lot of discontent and undertone. Poorly run division. You sound like someone that's made there way over from Pharma and is watching a serious decline of a once great division. Reps have no where to go to vent anymore.

I am a former Rep from the Diagnostics. I just closed a deal where I got all the Abbott junk out of the Hospital. I know I signed a non compete to since Miles and his cronies can do what they want so can I. It feels so good to see the Abbott instruments getting wheeled out to the transport trucks. It can not be going to Texas anymore to me "refurbrished". OH YES, Some of the Abbott Reps sell Refurbrished equipment and tell the Lab personal it was NEW. BAD move. In fairness the rep may have disclosed that fact to purchasing at this account but it never reached the Lab folks. The lab had breakdown and breakdown. Lesson to all Abbott Reps. Do not sell refurb equipment as i will come in and take the account away from you.

HA HA. I am at Roche now. I wish the above poster could tell me where he is at. One of the tricks Abbott does is to provide purchasing with the amount of average service calls per instrument (diagnostics). These numbers do not add up and I and ALL Roche Sales Reps can prove it to Purchasing. Most hospitals have VENDORMATE or REPTRAX system where you have to sign in and get a badge. The service folks from Abbott either drop by to say hi 3/4 of the time or are not documenting repairs to the instruments. Once purchasing got wind of this "trick" to make the Abbott instruments "appear" more reliable than they are they threw Abbott out and the word is out.

I am a former Rep from the Diagnostics. I just closed a deal where I got all the Abbott junk out of the Hospital. I know I signed a non compete to since Miles and his cronies can do what they want so can I. It feels so good to see the Abbott instruments getting wheeled out to the transport trucks. It can not be going to Texas anymore to me "refurbrished". OH YES, Some of the Abbott Reps sell Refurbrished equipment and tell the Lab personal it was NEW. BAD move. In fairness the rep may have disclosed that fact to purchasing at this account but it never reached the Lab folks. The lab had breakdown and breakdown. Lesson to all Abbott Reps. Do not sell refurb equipment as i will come in and take the account away from you.

Way to go!!!

Just got back from my regional meeting. Can anyone tell me what is going on. What drugs are they taking inside to try and feed us this bullsht. Meeting was a disaster. Big changes coming soon. I can feel it in my old bones.

HA HA. I now work for Sysmex and it is SOOOO easy to get customers to dump their crappy Cell DYN Abbott hematology instruments (piece of junk). My Sales Manager and his District Manager want me to also focus on Beckman instruments but they are not as crappy. So my main goal is to purge the market for my territory of all Abbott equipment and then go after the other brands. The other Sales Reps who cover other brands are doing the same. I predict Abbott to be finished off in my territory in the next two years. Then I will have to go head to head with the other brands who make reliable instruments.