6 Pharmaceutical Stocks to Sell Now

Anonymous

To all those nay sayers out there, AstraZeneca CAN be number 1. It is at the top of the list.

AZN, DEPO, AVNR, GSK, PTIE, AMPE slump in weekly rankings
By Portfolio Grader | Nov 16, 2012, 6:40 pm EST

This week, AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) falls to a D (“sell”), worse than last week’s grade of C (“hold”). Astrazeneca is a biopharmaceutical company focused on therapy related to cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal health, infection, neuroscience, oncology and respiratory health, and inflammation. For Portfolio Grader’s specific subcategory of Sales Growth, AZN also gets an F. AZN shares are down 4.7% from the month prior.

<

LOL. They are so going to restructure and buy something next year big time. Anyone think they will buy MDCO? That, to me, would be a better fit than a merger with BMS since BMS has nothing going on in their pipeline to buy.

To all those nay sayers out there, AstraZeneca CAN be number 1. It is at the top of the list.

AZN, DEPO, AVNR, GSK, PTIE, AMPE slump in weekly rankings
By Portfolio Grader | Nov 16, 2012, 6:40 pm EST

This week, AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) falls to a D (“sell”), worse than last week’s grade of C (“hold”). Astrazeneca is a biopharmaceutical company focused on therapy related to cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal health, infection, neuroscience, oncology and respiratory health, and inflammation. For Portfolio Grader’s specific subcategory of Sales Growth, AZN also gets an F. AZN shares are down 4.7% from the month prior.

It's been highly rated as recently as five years ago. If you had bought then, you would have made zilch. Maybe the right thing to do is be contrarian.

It's been highly rated as recently as five years ago. If you had bought then, you would have made zilch. Maybe the right thing to do is be contrarian.
Buying big Pharma stocks is like buying into utilities. You make money off of the dividends and should not expect the stock price to make you rich. It is a safe income play not a growth play. You stupid fucks make me laugh.

Buying big Pharma stocks is like buying into utilities. You make money off of the dividends and should not expect the stock price to make you rich. It is a safe income play not a growth play. You stupid fucks make me laugh.

A stock is safe when it is recommended to sell or falling? Surely you would still make choices among the big Pharma stocks for growth or look for stable dividends. Unless you were, well, stupid that is.

Buying big pharma is safe? You are the idiot. With the exception of Novo and maybe three others, most big pharma companies are not doing well, not running their business well and struggling to stay afloat. Small biotech stocks with innovations are the stocks to buy when you get a lead that something promising will get approved or does get approved. They will get bought and the stock will leap. Big pharma is a bad move and will do nothing for your stock portfolio. In fact, you will probably lose money. It is not like buying utlities.

Buying big pharma is safe? You are the idiot. With the exception of Novo and maybe three others, most big pharma companies are not doing well, not running their business well and struggling to stay afloat. Small biotech stocks with innovations are the stocks to buy when you get a lead that something promising will get approved or does get approved. They will get bought and the stock will leap. Big pharma is a bad move and will do nothing for your stock portfolio. In fact, you will probably lose money. It is not like buying utlities.
The post says that it is a safe income investment not a growth investment. Check you facts before you question someone or call them stupid. Most Pharma stocks including AZ have maintained a relatively flat share price over the past 5 years, MRK, GSK, AZ but pay on average 6%+ in annual dividends making their profile very similar to utility stocks. There is no such thing as a zero risk stock and that was not suggested by the original poster.

You guys know this company better than you'll know most companies.

Consider what the Oracle of Omaha lists as the main thing he looks for in any company he invests in: Honest management. There are other things that the Oracle lists as basic criteria too, and it's not a big list. AZ fails miserably on every criteria.

The management is dishonest. That's enough of a reason to run for cover. Sell tomorrow if you've been unfortunate enough to own AZ stock. Follow the example of your company's management. When they receive share awards (remember options? a thing of the past...) they sell immediately.

The stock is up 4% since this post was started (8 days ago). Pretty decent return.

Also up about 20% since June, when the numbers started hitting after the "dead weight" was cut.

The stock is up 4% since this post was started (8 days ago). Pretty decent return.

Also up about 20% since June, when the numbers started hitting after the "dead weight" was cut.
You people really make me laugh. Like the stock moving up is going to change one fucking thing except make senior leaders rich when they cash out. All Pharma stocks are up simply because the market expects them to pay out bonus dividends in December to beat the tax Obama tax increases in 2113. Here is how it works, the company announces big dividend payouts coming Dec. 29 for all stockholders on record Dec. 15. The stock prices surge and those same senior leaders sell their options at inflated prices. Then the stock will continue its plunge in 2113. It is all market speculation and manipulation and has nothing to do with the health of AZ. You have a better chance playing the slots in Vegas than hoping for a long successful career in this company. But keep on drinking that Kool Aid but remember Jones Town.

You people really make me laugh. Like the stock moving up is going to change one fucking thing except make senior leaders rich when they cash out. All Pharma stocks are up simply because the market expects them to pay out bonus dividends in December to beat the tax Obama tax increases in 2113. Here is how it works, the company announces big dividend payouts coming Dec. 29 for all stockholders on record Dec. 15. The stock prices surge and those same senior leaders sell their options at inflated prices. Then the stock will continue its plunge in 2113. It is all market speculation and manipulation and has nothing to do with the health of AZ.

Stock is at 52 week high (50.02) and up about 28% from last June.

But AZ stock is all about the dividends.

Stock is at 52 week high (50.02) and up about 28% from last June.

But AZ stock is all about the dividends.
The stock is up because they fired Brennan, Zook and others causing the financial market to be encouraged about a possible change of course. Watch for a huge correction of -15% or more before March when the next quarter results are announced. The problems at AZ run a whole lot deeper than a few incompetent leaders. And anyone who knows anything about investing knows that big Pharma stocks have always been a defensive play with more reliable dividends during down times in the market. But the old days of raising prices to maintain profits are over.

The stock always runs up the week before the numbers come out. The usual pump and dump. Couple that with some hope that AZ will do better.

I am selling everything this week, then hope that the underwater stuff gets a bump pre March.

The way to get rich in the stock market is to get in early, before the herd knows. So, what is coming at AZ?

The only things that will make the stock run up is a big new drug, like Crestor (it ran up on that), or a buyout. There's no way any company will do a takeover: AZ will be taken under and sold for scrap. Unless the organization produces or acquires another big, and I mean big, new product. Or two or three.

My speculation is to sell the stock, now. Buy Apple on the big dip; there's a company that innovates. New, big products. Huge growth.

Whatever you make off of dividends at AZ you'll lose on capital.

The way to get rich in the stock market is to get in early, before the herd knows. So, what is coming at AZ?

The only things that will make the stock run up is a big new drug, like Crestor (it ran up on that), or a buyout. There's no way any company will do a takeover: AZ will be taken under and sold for scrap. Unless the organization produces or acquires another big, and I mean big, new product. Or two or three.

My speculation is to sell the stock, now. Buy Apple on the big dip; there's a company that innovates. New, big products. Huge growth.

What if AZ acquire a company like Forest? One thing in AZ's favor is a balance sheet listing 7.8 billion in cash! Regardless of how poor the current AZ pipeline looks, this company still has hope for the future when you have that much cash on hand!

What if AZ acquire a company like Forest? One thing in AZ's favor is a balance sheet listing 7.8 billion in cash! Regardless of how poor the current AZ pipeline looks, this company still has hope for the future when you have that much cash on hand!

Would agree with you. In the next few years cannot imagine that AZ will have the same name. It must do something of an acquisition or merger nature. This is one of Soriot's skills.
By 2016 the cash cows will cash out. Money will have to be spent to save the corp. Along with diminishing profits, spending money for a merger or acquisition will necessitate cuts. Ride the pony as long as you can.

The stock price is a function of discounted cash flows. As of right now, the consensus on the street is for AZ's profits to decline annually in the next five years by 3.5% each year. Take EPS and do a few additions and subtractions and you get your cash flow. But if the bottom line is going down each year, in very basic, basic, basic terms, the equity fundamental value will follow it down.

How much cash does AZ burn through in a year?

The "cash cows" aren't producing milk any more. Seroquel, Pulmicort Respules, Toprol XL, etc. etc. Nexuim soon. Crestor next.

I know a guy who drives a big Cadillac and doesn't have a job. The repo man will come.

I sold my last floating options today. Wahoo.

Unfortunately the others are under water. Most likely they will stay that way after this year's numbers.

The new guy isn't going to let DB go out with good numbers, when he can save them to prop up his first year.

Not true. Wall Street ,makes lots of money off AZ. Just watch it go up and down for no good reason. Perfect for the traders