Zimmer Surgical Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I spoke with one of the recruiters who is hiring for the Surgical position in Los Angeles / Orange County territory and was hoping to gain more insight into this position and territory. I'll just bullet point to make it easier and and not a word fortress.

1. Why is the position open?
    2. Does zimmer hold decent market share in the Los Angeles and Orange County area or does Stryker hold a death grip
    3. What income range are reps making
    4. I see mixed opinions on the power equipment of zimmer v. stryker. Looking for honest info, the good, the bad, and ugly.
    5. Any other info is appreciated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't hold your breath if you're not ex-Stryker, close to GR or his lieutenants, or currently live in the upper Midwest.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm assuming this is because stryker holds the majority of contracts and has a death grip on them? How is the performance / quality of zimmer surgical capital components v. stryker. Supposedly the territory is trending 100% but i'm not sure of the accuracy on that.

I want my next jump to be a 5 year + gig as i'm not a fan of job hopping.

Hows the culture at zimmer?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ZB Surgical is filled with a lot of ex-Stryker Endo guys. You can take that for what it's worth. Surgical is hitting their targets mostly because they're starting from close to zero. Surgical culture is odd. Some big egos, but they're second class citizens at ZB and mostly washouts from Stryker. Not a bad place to land if you're good at capital sales and want to weather the storm as the market consolidates in the coming year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The West has a huge Stryker presence but it's not a lockup. But many areas in SoCal have a large Kaiser presence and you're not getting in there easily. Look at the ASCs and hope that ZB releases some new products that allow you to penetrate those smaller accounts in the near term.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the quality of the capital products equal to or better than Stryker? I can handle fighting the Stryker hold on the area providing the quality is on par.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In general the Stryker products are better. Problem is that ZB could make better products. But they're overly consumed with quality and regulatory concerns. So Project Sunrise gets headcount while improving Dornach and power does not. It's beyond frustrating for the field and internal staff.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You better have great relationships in place. The ZB surgical bag is light. You'll sell a few helmets here, a Dornach there, maybe some tourniquets. It can pay the bills and your targets will be achievable. But you'll never get the big pay days like you see at Stryker. ZB just don't have the bag.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture in southern California is terrible. Talk to the employees about the culture, how they're treated, and the two dorks in charge. They might be on their way out so you could be working for old S&N guys which isn't much better.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for all the information, much appreciated. Are the surgical reps scratching the $140k range?