Zero

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by anonymous, Apr 29, 2016 at 12:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...the number of hernia cases I plan to cover next year.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on now buddy. There is going to be some serious cash to be made on hernia mechanical this year!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our leadership is either clueless to the market disruption that has taken place in the hernia space or lying to our faces with the spin. Either scenario is a bad reality.

Fixation, dissection and the need for coated mesh have been made obsolete by the meteoric rise in robotic hernia procedures and new herniorrhaphy techniques. If this contracting product group is placed in our bag along with all of the other advanced tech we have to sell, it had better be an adjunct to our current variable comp plan.

it is a horrible fit as we gave up the general surgeon call point to GSP when we handed over Lap Choles with access, clips and bags. I have not called on a hernia surgeon in 3 years aside from the rare hernia done by one of my bariatric or colorectal docs.

Maybe they're clueless AND lying. Sad day listening to DeBoda spout BS you know he doesn't believe.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting to note that the company IMMEDIATELY started flailing once USSC leadership was booted out, and Valleylab took over from top to bottom. Devoid of strategy and ignorant.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know that USSC leaders would have fared any better. Nobody in leadership seems willing to address the fact that robotics and reprocessing are eating our lunch. No reason for me to think that would be otherwise with different people in the corner office.

6. Jim Green

Jim Green Guest

You clearly were never a part of the pre-Tyco USSC with that kind of defeatist loser talk. But if somehow you were and snuck in under the radar somehow, you need to be b*tch slapped by Leon for making lame excuses.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet you had to walk ten miles, in the snow, to get to school...and it was uphill both ways.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pre-Tyco USSC? Is that back when autosuture was the only game in town and gouged their customers? I was in high-school back then, but I've worked with a few grizzled, old nurses that remember the USSC experience from those days. You guys were the Intuitive Surgical of the '90s.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Either way, hard to see a future here with the current state of affairs. Lose more share to robotics every year, get walloped by reprocessing without a viable response to stop it, numbers then drop daily regardless of how much new business you close, while leadership goes radio silent.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've got no dog in this hunt, but it's widely known that there are several big product developments in the pipeline. For example, a Covidien robot to ditectly compete with Intuitive. And other products are already for sale overseas and will be launched soon in the US. These won't make a difference to your success or the company's competitive position?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make no mistake, Medtronic AST is gonna be just fine. It's the fate of the reps in the field that concerns me. Stapling and vessel sealing are no longer growth products for most territories, why else would they give us additional responsibilities with hernia? It's certainly not because they think we're crazy busy growing our traditional products. I applaud our sales leadership for avoiding a major RIF at this stage, but I fear it's a temporary fix until they figure out how to structure the salesforce effectively.