You're nuts to opt out without another job!

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting rid of dead weight???? They cut cut area leaders for Gold Cup. Left DM's who've led the bottom for last several years. They cut on salary, some performance yes, but, more on salary. Hate to say it, but, what is left is cheap dead weight! When you gut leaders what is left is a serious void! So glad I was let go to be paid to find a better opportunity.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok I have one- been here a year plus.. Not first pharma job..
    How do I get in rio 10% in micro strategy -much higher percent to goal than others in my district.. Yet they are way ahead of me For this @gold.cup?"
    My partner , who mirrors me- let's say... I gave more writers than him and more RX per my "targets@... Yet he is ranked 39 spots above me in the gold cup..
    I see no formulation of how they get these rankings.. One rep in our district.. Who has dated 2 DMs by the way(I gave never heard a pharma company allow this!) she is in top 5%
    And I absolutely can not see how they got this tally.. I get it.. The 3 quarters but I would like to to see how this works ..

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try English next time mate.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's funny is that they've lost some of the reps that they didn't expect to lose. Major performers that can get jobs anywhere. Those are the people that are comfortable leaving. These reps have gotten calls from managers and Even higher asking them to opt back in because the manager or company doesn't like the reps they have to choose from now or there aren't enough reps to choose from to fill the openings available. I wonder if they will fill those spots with the reps they don't want because that's all they have to choose from now or if they'll just start clean and hire from outside. I think it's hysterical because this is exactly what some of us thought would happen!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How likely is it that DSI offers jobs to the reps who opted out purely because the reps they have to choose from are ones they don't want? That would be so funny!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They better not! I opted out last week and I have a job lined up! For more money. If they make me take their shit job they would lose more scripts than it's worth the amount they would gain. Unless of course I worked with snake eyes.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know, the "best" from DSI left a long, long time ago. We are left with varying levels of crap right now. So yes, we will try to keep the less crappy reps, but at the end of the day, they are still crappy.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are reps who resigned and took offers from other companies that are being asked to come back. Promising that they are building for the future. What future? With what products? The best thing that can happen is you get a severance and just move on. So many better opportunities out there with stronger pipelines and a brighter future. Nobody is left and the one's who are will be looking....trust me.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been called 3 times. It's sad to me that the manager is so desperate to not hire the reps he has to pick from that he's calling us that opted out to beg. I'm happy with my choice and am not changing my mind. I guess they really didn't think this many people were going to opt out.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let them call, beg and entice you to come back all they want. Don't fall for it. Just being associated with DSI at this point in time (not in the past) could be detrimental to your career. The reputation DSI has in the industry now is abysmal. It's basically considered a nothing company - no pipeline, no products. I know of people who have been enticed with more vacation time, perks, etc. and have stayed on which is fine if you are close to retirement, have a spouse who makes a good salary, childcare issues, etc. But if you need to take your career seriously and want to move up in the world, take your new job offer and move on.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is so true.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I opted out and my manager called and said he would find a way to get me $6500 more than I was making before. Too funny. I told him to take a flying ....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if it's possible to opt out after you've interviewed? In my area several people have opted recently but there's still lots of competition for these sad positions. I feel dirty after this week. Its disgusting to ask employees what they like about a company that has lying, mistreating, underpaying for years. I think back to the cult like chanting at the Savaysa launch and I want to vomit. I like the person that would be my potential DM and i actually feel bad they will be hiring a team that will be resigning ASAP.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since opting out, do you still get the full severance package? I can't find a clear cut answer in any of the emails. When is/was your last day?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not 100 % sure but I think you can opt out up until they have offered you a position and territory. If you opt out after that, it's considered a resignation and thus no severance.

Also, keep in mind there opt out period for reps was supposed to end well before the holiday break and they have extended it. Most likely because they didn't reach the threshold of people opting out that would provide the company the least amount of taxes and payouts. If they do reach that number they will close the option to opt out and you will be "stuck" with a crappy job and no severance. Unless you aren't offered a job after the interview process and then you would receive the severance package. Good luck.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can not opt out after you interview. If you interview and they offer you a job and you decline you get no severance. If they do not offer you a position then you get the severance.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you truly want the severance and have already interviewed you need to let DMs know you would be a bad choice to offer a position to. Tell them you would not be into the job.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I opted out. The only communication I have received from HR is that more information regarding my last day will be coming the week of Jan 25th. Otherwise, supposed to just work as normal until then. In the email it states that I am eligible for the full severance so long as I don't resign or get involuntarily terminated for reasons other than the restructuring.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When did you opt out? I heard that they could keep us on until the end of march.