X3 Triathalon Poly

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worked in the OR years ago. My mom got an X3 poly in her knee. Is there another poly available that they could do a poly swap on her? She has a line under medial tibia, not necessarily osteolysis, but on the same token I don't want her to have a disaster down there and need a limb preserving implant... Open to advice. I don't want them to rip out the whole thing either (unless absolutely necessary). What are her options?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For some reason I don't believe a word you said.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osteolysis? Not even close. Go see another surgeon for a 2nd opinion.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was osteolysis but from the patella- malpositioned and 'overstuffed' said 2nd opinion. Probable crack on lateral edge. Revision next month. The femur is 50/50 at being replaced. Tibia will need augment now and a stem. New X-ray showed the line has widened significantly.
    Surgeon error? General risk of surgery? Implants?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of the above.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best advice, get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from different surgeons. If your real this is life altering and not something 1 Dr should tell you what to do. See 3, go from there. Read this to start, http://www.bjjprocs.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/92-B/SUPP_I/90.2 and if they sound like they are talking out of their ass move on. You would be surprised at some of the ortho dr's I have seen. Complete hacks who pretend to be the best. Good luck, stay off these forums for advice. You trust anyone here your moms leg will be in a medical dumpster in no time.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Stryker reps need to be liable for X3. Plus they need to be called out for increased infections due to to their unhygienic appearance at the time of surgery. You know, dirty, smelly, unshaven, bacterial infective scrubs. Scumbags

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Radiolucent lines under the tibia are common in the longterm and are 99% nothing to worry about absent any indications of a loosening/infection issue. Osteolysis is almost non-existent in the knee as the non-conformity aspect of it creates particles too large to inititate it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker are changing the consolidation process for X3 and the sterilization process. All clinical survivorship data should be reset to 0 years evidence.
    The testing data is worse (but according to Stryker not significantly worse).
    They got rid of the guy who designed X3 because he was telling them there was a problem with Ram Extrusion and ETO sterilization.
    This will be the next Ortho disaster.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who designed X3? Name or initials please.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AE

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Familiar with that person...thanks

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Close. There was a major rift in bringing additive poly to market. He felt it wasn’t necessary but it will save Stryker $ and bring that E Poly crowd on board. He lost that battle and his job. Sad

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But my bi s and tri s are big and ripped, I never miss a leg day and nurses love me. Yeah, I'm dirty, smelly... As long as I'm getting la!d, who cares about infections. Boohya m f'er

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest