WTF? GSK is no longer letting us write off our home internet

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is going on with this company? As of June 6 GSK will no longer allow us to write off our home internet. They already stopped paying for our storage units. EVERYONE NEEDS TO COMPLAIN. I use my internet daily for GSK. This is BS!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone can take the 1% raise they got and pay for home broadband! The GSK Way!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why not have them pay for your electric bill also Whiney !

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Instead of doing the idiot IRS short form use long form and claim home office and write off 10% of your total home expenses. And don't file April 15, file an extension to reduce red flags.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I already talked to my CPA about this. Unless your primary work is your home office (ie not on the road) it is a huge red flag. You also have to have that dedicated strictly for work. Not worth the risk.
    GSK is such a douche bag company. REally, I can't do my job without the internet but they aren't going to pay for it. Oh well, no more weekly "live meetings" because that's on my dime

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I called this Am and had my telephone and Internet disconnected. We'll see how that goes over

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a coincidence. So are you. That makes you a good match!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh great, now the person that drops off samples, supplies pizza and subs to nurses, and gives away pens that nobody wants is giving accounting advice. OK quick question, do you have to report the tips to the IRS that you receive while giving sponge baths at the senior center? Just asking since that is where you work on weekends.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the overall dollar amount is being reduced from $175 a month for everything? Cell phone, Mifi, etc.... combined total? Or is this just a don't put down "homebroad band" for your Mifi card expense?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And you know that he works at the senior center because you are there emptying out bed pans and changing adult diapers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this policy will go a long way to paying our dividend. Dingo is a genius!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We get $154 in our district. At least we can expense our storage unit. Some regions can't even do that. No consistency across the country

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just start calling into live meeting via the BT line and state that you don't want to use your personal broadband for GSK business use and therefore cannot see the meeting content OR use your Mifi card/data plan on iPad via Hotspot and watch how the charges will quadruple to the company. OR lastly, start using free unsecured wifi hotspots like Starbucks and panera and when gsk cybersecurity is attacked by all of these computers connected to a "free" public connection, lets see how much of a savings this really is!

It should be business unit specific

If they are having us home training remotely for asthma now... how can they not cover the expense of that internet which is REQUIRED??

Or they have to pay the contract termination fee for breaking the contract..

this was a global decision that should be business unit specific, not WORLDWIDE...

Whats next? Use our own cars to make sales calls?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

quit complaining.. just call in to every live meeting via BT on your company paid phone. Company is going down the tubes quickly.. we are all going to be working for another company in 6 months with a better overall package and better morale.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$154?? ! we get 90 in our district..

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just go to Panera or Starbucks......problem solved.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AstraZeneca stopped paying their reps internet bills too and boy were the reps mad! That is the same as a paycut in disguise. I certainly hope this is not going to be a trend in the industry. It makes absolutely no sense since they can write it off as a business expense.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Millennials expect it all........reps use the internet at home for business 10% of the time, he and wife use it 90% of the time, and older reps with kids have all using the internet non business 90% of the time.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately this is the trend if you work for a failing British pharma. Penny wise and pound foolish.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Dingo, great insight. It's the millenials again.