Wouldn't have been nice???

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2014 at 9:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Bernard P had the gonads to do what the AZ CEO did....tell Pfizer to get lost(hopefully big blue goes away now). Thousands of employees still employed by Wyeth; plants, facilities still opened. Salaries and taxes contributing to towns, localities. Peoples pensions still being contributed to. Thank you BP-hope you are enjoying your beach home on Long Beach Island NJ (bought with the ill gotten gains from handing over the company)! Hope everyone reading this post landed on their feet and are doing well! Sorry for the rant but I'm still a little pissed at Bernard(as I'm sure you can tell).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The AZ CEO Pascal Soriot looks like a hero right now!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree #1 and #2! He sure didn't put up any fight at all! What a disaster for so many, and still stings now, after all this time. What a shame!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets give AZ the redux/pondimin 21 billion dollar litigation debt, the snowballing womens health initiative litigation, and teva launching generic protonix and effectively stealing a 4 billion drug out from under us.
    Wyeth had no means to defend against Pfizer - unlike AZ
    don't get me wrong, not at all happy with what happened, but frenchie probably negotiated the best he could with the cards he had to play

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wyeth was shopping the company around and that's why no resistance. The whole atmosphere in the company changed 3 years or so before the buyout because they just didn't care anymore.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor had it that Essner rebuffed Pfizer a few times. Doesn't sound like he was shopping it around. Frenchie-that's a different story

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the redux/pondimin settlement was already funded. Plus-I believe Wyeth was sitting on a pile of cash that Pfizer used to pay some of the debt IT took on to buy us. Will agree with the Teva/Protonix statement, but if I remember correctly we had a layoff to cover that loss of revenue. As far as the Premarin litigation-they are taking pretty much all those cases to trial now (something they learned from the Redux settlement). We will all be dead and buried before that is all completed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bernard laughed all the way to the bank.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like all the way to Long Beach Island NJ- (rumor has it that he bought a really nice house there with his ill gotten gains). We can only hope his house washed into the ocean and he had no insurance. Probably not the case but we can dream. It worked out okay for me but I know a lot of people who didn't fair as well. Bad leader-plain and simple!