Worst Working Environment EVER

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel your pain.
    Hopefully, you have unemployment to help weather the storm.

I have been there, on 3 other occasions, downsized despite great performance. Do yourself a favor and do this:

1. Never lose confidence in your ability to sell.
    2. Look for other industries to work, and place an emphasis on a supportive company culture. Of course, we know this does not exist in the pharmaceutical world.
    3. Relax. Things are going to work out. You have a strong skill set to have worked in the pharmaceutical world, because there is structure in pharmaceutical selling, and you do have to present yourself well, articulate and dress.

Good luck. Let go of the anger for this shit company. It is what it is. I let my anger for getting downsized show in my interviews, and it cost me a lot of good opportunities. It took me about 2 years before I found a good fit, but now I am making more money and have more stability. The key is too network and ask and look. There are lots of good companies that people don't know about, but if you can learn of these companies, make some phone calls, and not be afraid of rejection, you will find something better than this. Trust me on this, because one of the lies out there is that pharma. is the best sales job, but that is simply not true because there is no stability, and management doesn't value its sales force, and this is the case across every drug company. Good luck again! Shalom to you!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a great post, #101. Really good advice for anyone who is at a low point and doubting their ability and prospects.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll second that, bravo! Unfortunately there seems lots of people in the company feeling similar to the post, born out through the vitriol shown on this site. The people running this company have a lot to answer... Shame on Pearson & his clowns

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can this place really get any worse?!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to believe that this company has not been audited/inspected/indicted by the DOJ, FDA, OIG, IRS etc for all of the known misdeeds, imagine what could be uncovered if some of the dirt is scratched away.

Most people who are in the know and leave are so relieved to be gone that they just keep on moving forward and don't look back and report anything.

I have worked at numerous places and this company is by far the worse one. Not complaining just speaking what is the truth for my professional career to date. I am grateful I landed at this company as a seasoned professional and not a new grad, no place for an inexperienced and naive person.

Glad I am not here anymore, there are professional choices beyond Valeant.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree...A Trashcan of a company!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with this post, this company is way past its sell by date!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There have been a significant number of quality related recalls for different classification of products across various manufacturing sites. Seems to be widespread quality issues. Some of the Agencies listed above will catch up with these issues and when they do it may be like a Ranbaxy, McNeil or Bedford Labs scenario.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

way to many issues across the board with this company due to headcount cuts, people doing the work of 10 and putting patients lives at risk. Very Risky business

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's worse that that. Valeant is not fielding a full team. Certainly no back-up in case someone leaves, which is constantly happening. They've practically begged people they let go to come back as contractors.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not the way to run a pharma company. Lack of employees, resources, direction.... A recipe for disaster ......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About to get even worse

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Yeah baby....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a total waste of $ 5 mill.....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Burn in hell Valeant

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never seen so many recalls in a company. One step away from a really serious situation....
    A patient's life!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already has happened. Just covered up all nice and tidy by Valeant. The fat pigs at the top need to get richer ya know. They can't let the jig be up just yet....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the authorities know this?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check out the whistleblowers thread

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Organic growth claims
    Hate to say, but it's Bullshit. Haven't figured out how Valeant gets away with reporting financials unlike anyone else in the industry, but can't help but think they do it to hide the inevitable declines that occur when you fire half of the support, IT, and R+D organizations. With these guys I have learned that if things arent clear, there is a reason for it.