Will Valeant ACTUALLY go Bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I realize the company sucks, but will everyone eventually lose their jobs?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DUH!!! If we go Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we all lose our jobs.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't go bankrupt if you're making billions of dollars in revenue per year.

You go bankrupt when you're a tech company without any product or any revenue who just burned through its last lifeline.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do I have to remind you of the $30b in debt??

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, but that's a stale short argument. Majority of the debt is due in 2020. They've got 3 years to turn it around.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, bankruptcy doesn't always lead to the company dissolving. If Chapter 7 were to happen, you can still see divisions sold off intact to a new buyer.

Really it would be the same thing that happened when Valeant acquired someone. Check the talent, cut the fat, and eliminate any redundant positions(either from your own work force or the acquired one). Valeant didn't cut everyone from B&L for example since they were the ones running the divisions. That said, they did cut a lot.

So no, not everyone would lose their job. But if you're worried about losing your job, you probably wouldn't be one of the ones kept.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None of you seem to understand what a bankruptcy is.
    If a house has a mortgage that it can't pay off, the house doesn't go away. The owner loses its equity, maybe the bank loses some money. But the house stays intact.

If Valeant goes bankrupt (which isn't likely), the shareholders will lose everything. The bond holders may lose something. But Bausch & Lomb still makes products customers want, Salix still makes products customers want, even derm still makes products customers want. So the business will stay intact.

Valeant is also the most efficient pharma company by far; they won't save much cash by firing people at this point. They don't have enough employees to begin with. If anything, Valeant has been hiring a lot of people since MP left because they didn't have enough people.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please tell me O wise one, is any subsidiary of Enron still in existence over a decade later? How about mci?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

O wise one btw I'm a flaming moe can I swallow your sword ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expert advice Sorry to hear you lost your house Explains why you post all day

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant should file for Chapter 11. It will allow the company to clean house by getting rid of all the old stock, so that there aren't any influential outside elements (Ackman and other hedge funds), eliminate big chunks of debt or issue new stock to cover some of the debt to a more manageable level (de-leverage), take a realistic impairment charge on goodwill and intangibles, and fire 20% of the workforce to reduce overhead since most of the bottom feeders aren't productive anyway.

Once they re-emerge from bankruptcy protection, they will have a healthier balance sheet, a better starting point for same store sales, and hopefully a better set of productive worker bees who don't whine as much.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neither had a real business and were outright frauds.
    Bausch & Lomb contacts are a real product. They have real customers and real prescribers. Same with Xifaxan, Jublia, etc. etc. Thats a stupid comparison.

The biggest risk to Valeant is morons like you that don't understand what a bankruptcy is, then going out and freaking employees out as if the whole ship is sinking, when it isn't. Worst case Valeant has to file chapter 11. Customers still get their products, employees still get their paychecks, suppliers still get paid. But debt holders and shareholders have to go figure out who owns the company, and who is going to take a loss.

That will be a discussion several years from now, if ever.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company will likely have to hire 20% more people because their biggest problem is they can't keep their reps! Half the Salix team took off, the derm team has imploded, etc. They are running too lean because they are trying to pay down debt.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now I know you're a moron. The assets that were generating income for Enron and MCI continues to exist with other companies even centuries later. Retailers going out of business truly disappears. And thank you for recognizing wisdom when you read it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you two ladies can stop arguing for a second, I'd like to know if you are investing in the company

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, master, buy, buy, buy. Back up the truck and load it up.

There's good news around the corner. All frivolous lawsuits will be settled for pennies, and sales will skyrocket, thus allowing us to pay down debt faster to get us to a more manageable level. Same store sales will look a lot better, now that the bar has been lowered significantly. Keep the faith, longs.