Will Hillary finish off Pharma Sales?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if Hillary beats Trump in the Genrrsl election, how long will the industry have left in regards to sales and marketing? We know she will double down on a single payer system with generics being a cornerstone. No need for sales and marketing when a government dictated formulary will be the law of the land. If she is elected in November, how many back room meetings of upper management executives will take place among our industry to come up with contingency plans to lay us off incrementally or in one big slice. The Pfizers,GSKs and Mercks will start and then the other company execs will feel empowered to let us all go off to the tar pits the way of the dinosaurs that our industry has become. Hillary hates Pharma and there was a blood letting in 1993 when HillaryCare almost got passed. 30 thousand plus got fired or downsized out and the industry solely went back to this ridiculous Lundbrck pod selling model. The end is near for Pharma as we all whistle pass the graveyard. I wonder how much longer the industry can kick the can down the road. Contingency plans I'll be made by upper executives to save their asses and we will be told everything is fine until we are ask to be on an infamous conference call here we will be discharged in mass.
    Vote Donald Trump at least it will buy us some time maybe a few more years of drawing our checks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes!! Agree

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She will Negotiate directly with Medicare and Pharma Companies and ObamaCare will limit out of pocket to patients ($250 a month)and it will be renamed Hillary Care. Who really takes ObamaCare anyway?

A pharmaceutical companies value is going to be based on pipeline and the needs in the area.

We are lucky at Lundbeck we have a targeted approach with specific disease states with great need.

We should be safe from Hillary.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't believe we will escape a one payer government controlled formulary. If so as in other socialized medicine countries the need for Pharma reps is greatly reduced. Maybe some form of customer service reps in small numbers, govt. affairs and RAM types but to see 3-5 reps selling a drug, I don't think so.The executive level will try to tell us everything is business as usual but all we have to do is look around the world and see that our brand of pharmaceutical sales is a model from the 1960s thru 1990s. Outdated and really not needed although we all need our checks. The Information Age and the end of capitalism brings an end to our careers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, we are back in the 70's and 80's with our management model. Tell me this, exactly what good is a ASM, and how do they help increase business? Standing there, watching us put on a dog-and-pony show does nothing. Why shouldn't they take a call or two during the day, from start to finish? Why not give them a minimum of 12 reps, with once a quarter field rides, and have them call on the top 10 docs to actually try and sell something.

I know I am wasting my time, when we have a company that has a national sales meeting devoted to a reprint carrier. Between our weak pipeline, slowing sales/profit, and poor managed care, we are in for a very bumpy ride.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not a bumpy ride but we are in the plane JA and PA said we were building and flying at the same time and guess what it is in a nose dive heading splat into Mother Earth. Between the politics, poor economy, and lack of good jobs most of us will ride this outdated airplane of a company right into the ground. Many will fight for the few parachutes available but there are not enough for us all. Other reps in Pharma are on similar flights. From a Concorde to a single prop Lear how did this happen?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Their flight to big pharma, headed by Glover, is one of the reasons. This company wastes money like it grows on trees. i.e. ASM's flying around the country to ride with reps from other districts, and FT's doing the same thing. There are so many reason for the fall, many of which have been discussed on here many times, there's no reason to list them again. Just accept it, and be positioned for whatever happens, and something will happen.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes something will happen in 2017 if Hillary is inaugurated. We can kiss our industry goodbye. Can you say Canada? Maybe Spain or even Japan. Prices on RXs will be capped, formularies will replace Pharma reps, generics will rule and innovation will fall to the wayside.
    Vote Trump and hope for the best, it beats Hillary and her hatred for Pharma. She must have gotten a penicillin shot in that big ass when she was a baby witch and every sense she has had it out for Pharma!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it's a fore gone conclusion especially since Trump is a decisive underdog. All the minorities which nowadays should be call the majorities will put Hilary in office. Yep, women, blacks, illegals, gays, muslums, indigents etc.... All of them heavily in the Clinton camp! Pharma has its issues but so does most other industries. What once was a good and respected industry that provided an excellent living for many will be drastically scaled back.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if we all get canned will Hillaary take care of the thousands of us like our tax dollars have taken care of all of the minority groups you just mentioned? I doubt it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We could only wish that we were back in the 70s and 80s Pharma model. No automation, no electronic trackers, hell there were no sigs required for samples, no sample inventories and manual expense reports with very few required receipts. Reps could basically do what they wanted when they wanted with no means to track anything. Single covered territories with no pods. NO PHARMA CODE. You could entertain your docs by any means that you wanted. Fancy trips, suites at ball games etc. If only we had that today!!! Back then reps were happy. No layoffs and reps actually stayed with the same company for 20+ years.

Big Pharma began to come into play in the mid 90s with the emergence of the lap top and pod system. From there came electronic sigs for samples, mass marketing approach with 2,3,4 rep pods and role play certs...... The likes of Pfizer, Merck, GSK and others led the charge to put 10s of thousands of Pharma reps on the streets. The pharma code was implemented. Big Pharma was invented. Then when Bill & Hillary took office for the first term, Pharma reorganizations were invented. Pharma has never been the same since then.

So I think what you meant to say with your reference of time was not the 70s and 80s but the 90s. The 70s and 80s were considered the golden years of Pharma.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is it Pharma reps are so blindly loyal to the Repub party? If you think Trump will do is ANY favors you are MAD. This scare tactic has been going on for years, 8 years ago it was "Obama will kill Pharma". Amazingly we're all still here!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're you sleeping the last time the Clinton's were in office? They chopped Pharma up. That was the start of what ALL Pharma reps know as a reorganization!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I started in the early eighties and it was all paper. Direct sale to Doc's ie dispensing physicians, paper expense reports with carbon less copies and right your own check for deposit, rubber cups over the receiver of s phone to digitally call in orders, no signatures, respect in offices, going all week with only one or two other reps to bump into, 6 week routes, suits and wing tip shoes, big cars, then little Dodge K cars then big cars again, the eighties were great, I got my first lap top with Ciba Geigy in 1988. Infrequent field rides, one rep to a territory, and did I say Respect. We were treated great by everyone. Taken back to physicians offices, brought a cup of coffee, given time to talk and sell, what a great time, and then the nineties and the Pryor/Dingle Bill and then the Clintons elected in 1992 and things decayed. But by then Pfizer and Merck and a few others began hiring the Merkettes and Pfizer Babes and the end came. Lots of looks and legs and boobs but no brains. It was funny to watch the industry change from professional men and women that new their stuff to airheads with big hair, big fake boobs and tight skirts. Doc's loved it but the nurse and office staff not so much .. Pod selling then became normal and the rest is Pharma history.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I started in the early eighties and it was all paper. Direct sale to Doc's ie dispensing physicians, paper expense reports with carbon less copies and right your own check for deposit, rubber cups over the receiver of s phone to digitally call in orders, no signatures, respect in offices, going all week with only one or two other reps to bump into, 6 week routes, suits and wing tip shoes, big cars, then little Dodge K cars then big cars again, the eighties were great, I got my first lap top with Ciba Geigy in 1988. Infrequent field rides, one rep to a territory, and did I say Respect. We were treated great by everyone. Taken back to physicians offices, brought a cup of coffee, given time to talk and sell, what a great time, and then the nineties and the Pryor/Dingle Bill and then the Clintons elected in 1992 and things decayed. But by then Pfizer and Merck and a few others began hiring the Merkettes and Pfizer Babes and the end came. Lots of looks and legs and boobs but no brains. It was funny to watch the industry change from professional men and women that new their stuff to airheads with big hair, big fake boobs and tight skirts. Doc's loved it but the nurse and office staff not so much .. Pod selling then became normal and the rest is Pharma history.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look around and think about how many times you or a friend in the business were laid off in the last 8 years. If we go 100 % government payer , socialized medicine, almost all the sales and marketing jobs will be history. Hillary has repeatedly slurred Pharmacuetical industry. Wake up and vote Trump, it might save our jobs for a few more years if the economy doesn't tank first!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep nice echo to my post.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You obviously did not work the decades you talked about or you would be old enough to have some manners! Go listen in on a few more conversations from the talking dinosaurs and you will hear this and more that was previously discussed. It is a reference point in history that lends itself to a unique perspective on what some of the older reps have lost and what the younger reps will never enjoy. No echo just reminiscing about days gone by, while you talk about it like you were there. Also go cast your vote for Hillary.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a quick Google search of Pfizer (and many others) stock in the 90's and let me know how bad things were again. Your talking points are as stale and worthless as week old popcorn. Pharma reps screamed that the end was near when Bill was elected, screamed the end was near when Obama was elected and now they're screaming that Hillary might be elected. Pharma downsized because they were bloated and pipelines all across the industry have dried up. Seems to me they just like to scream. Pharma has real issues but stop blaming whoever the next Democrat is, it's much more complicated.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a Democrat Hillary supporting liberal. The point to this thread aside from the other commentary is that a Democrat,especially Hillary will go back to her Hillary Care/ObamaCare objective of a one payer government controlled European healthcare system which will be s death nail for sales/ marketing, research&devopment and a greater rise to generics than ever before. It's about our jobs and our careers and Hillary will not be friendly to Pharma while a Republican candidate might give us s few more good years of employment .