Why don't Job Shares get respect?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see job shares, but not at the "all goodie" inclusive level.

Should be like pt time contractors. No goodies and use your own car.

A per diem rate.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen sister, these gigs should be cso only! Shares should ALL be contract. Two n three a days while saying "sign here" are over. Time for loser ctl's to grow a pair and axe the shares.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started this thread __ ____ _____[ __[[[_,ago. I have read your poor replies, and am reminded how stupid most of you are.
    Carry on
    Me

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I was a manager I would never never condone these fanacy. Positions are PC garbage hurting real employee efforts and responsibilities.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Halloween and ALL shares are off carving pumpkins and attending school costume events. I just love being a share, great work-life, I mean life-life balance. If I see a doctor at my kiddos school event that counts as a call, trick or treat and a doc opens the door, yet another call. I always carry my eye pad for such occasions and best thing is the share ctl's support this behavior. Yippee.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All shares eliminated in Nov.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be very pleased as to the announcement in Nov. It will allow you to satisfy life / life balance ongoing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious question, what are the dates for the year end shut down? As a job share I thought it ran from Memorial Day to New Years Day.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am on my way back from the management meeting. Massive downsizing eminent. By the way, job shares at the end of there politically correct lifespan.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shares are hanging on to the last limb. It is common knowledge that external bio & pharma companies won't hire shares even if they apply for a full time position. Why? Shares will start out 9-4 and weeks later they are back to their old tricks again pulling 10-2's. It is in their DNA to be near the homestead, Mobile Iron is bullet proof and shares love entering bogus calls, easy to do when you live a stones throw away from targets. Can you blame the shares? No need to hate they are simply gaming the system with the likes of that 15 x 15 excuse of a rep. Be well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Job shares don't get respect because they are losers who are on the way out. They are so desperate to keep their jobs, even a POS like a job share that they will do anything to continue to be abused by mutha merck. Anyone with any self respect would have left. That is why they get no respect from their peers or physicians.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To get respect one must perform. That means getting out of bed,serve your lunch for the day and leave before you screw something up. PC s,,t.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to the shares the year end shutdown BEGINS on Thanksgiving and ends January 2nd. Amazing how much time off they get when they accrue half the vaca time. Gotta tend to shopping, kids plays, kids time off and mid day tike duties. No wonder this company has low morale, too many grifters.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that job sharing is done as of July 1st? Other cuts in sales too? Big changes ahead so fasten your seatbelts. How many job shares does Merck have? Are they in the field or just at hq? I only know of two in hq and it didn't work out very nicely.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i remember when job shares where gone with the cuts last time and the time before that? but good info anyways. considering it wasn't' remotely true.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not waste your time posting on this topic, things won't change and shares will survive even if this company is whittled down to 5k people. Why? Shares have offered additional services to management over the years to secure these jobs. Services rendered include well, um, how should I say it......ask the beast in the northeast.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great analogy, very telling but the difference is mother mrk is paying shares 60k plus each while the postman makes 48k for a FULL days work annually. The postman doesn't get to drive his kids around in the postal truck nor does he get a shared bonus, computer and other perks. Thankfully this topic has reached Riads level and everyone knows his motto, cut cut cut. In time just give it a bit more time.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sigh. Yawn. Then, maybe he could single out and cut all the lifer reps making 150 a year too! Because that wouldn't scream lawsuit either. There may be more cuts a comin'…but no one group will ever be targeted.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny and so sad, nearly soiled my britches when i read this. :eek: = the look on a shares face when they are forced to work more than 3 hours a day or more than 3 days per month. Hehehe.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know of several reps let go since dec 1. Does MRK even have job shares in sales? I know of none in my area. Seems like that type of gig went awsy during the SP merger. If there are any, what areas of the company?