Why CTLs are horrible now

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF, must be something about Fridays, another rep in Northern Cali quit today. At least that's what we were told at a hq meeting today. Surprised the ctl with a quick call and stating they would be starting with a biotech on Monday. Surprised many.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I did quit today! Making double my Merck salary, unlimited bonus, full benefits, allowance for top of line auto, unlimited expense account. And six weeks vacation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds great to me; I would have left too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dummy, this rep took an internal job at a California biotech so no car allowance. Nice try though. The rep left saying a high schooler could do the pc gig and moved to greener pastures. The post is muddied as they gave notice friday and will continue to rep it for two weeks. Hush hush until the departure is final but guess someone let the cat out of the bag. Too much bla bal bla round here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biotech is much more interesting than this place.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks JOE

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Joel!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above post...this has been a major screw up with wrong list, invalid DEA, large territories, constant adding deleting re-routing etc etc...lots of work and a whole lot less pay than Merck direct with the same if not higher expectations...days are long start at 7:30-8 only to arrive back home after 6-7:00 due to vast territory. Glad to be working after a downsizing but took a huge pay cut for more work now than previous company...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you get laid off again with no 60 day notice, no severance, no healthcare. Contract cancelled on the whim of company paying that cso. Let's talk anxiety and ulcers. Not a good scene these cso's. Left high and dry and back to resume production line.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bet you wonder if they ever a pre-promotion aptitude, personality and psych checks on ctl managers. Well, we know that using the current criteria of a lucky VP winner, MBA or having a manager pal get the gig is totally bogus. Analysis says we have some obvious boulders and rocks that got by our deficient sifting process....

Misplaced in management? Power trippers, screwballs and those who relish sadistic management styles are never wanted.

Get those number 2 pencils ready boys and girls...big test day soon!

Let the sifting process begin.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to figure out what animal Tiff is most like. She is a combo of all you mentioned!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given the title of manager or CTL doesn't mean a person has a clue regarding the management of people. They somehow got the job and they really suck at it. Managers can make or break you in this business. When you find one that is so policy driven, arrogant and toxic it makes life miserable for everyone. The unfortunate piece is that you can't get rid of them. It is extremely difficult to fire or transfer a POS manager who brags about their history, follows the rules and reinforces a marketing message. Frankly there's no place to kennel someone like this. You get stuck with an asshole and it becomes a waiting game to see who will last longer. It may get to the point of telling them to F off and get in their face. I just don't understand the mindset and where they get off treating people like garbage. How can the company or DCO be so blind to the yearly feedback that we know is so negative regarding an idiot? Somehow the good managers got booted and we got stuck with these clowns... I'm not sure how this story will end but I can only hope Karma kicks in or someone figures this shit out. Stay strong and ignore the crap.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, it's nasty! These bad CTLs gotta know they're bad news. Hey but maybe they get jollies or somethin' else from beating people up with these trash ratings. Ya think? Seems wierd that previously high performers have complete turn around ratings then get pushed out the door.

Is it all a wicked strategy or was every success in their past a big lie?

Most people I know would agree, transfer out fast at the first whiff of one of these foul stink CTL.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People who transferred out or moved to another division often get promotions by sane managers. Shows you how totally wacked managers are and how they can bait and rate you for exit! Move on!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It is extremely difficult to fire or transfer a POS manager who brags about their history, follows the rules and reinforces a marketing message."

What?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then get him (her) promoted, it is not that hard, I've done it 4 or 5 times.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its clear these CTL types are lacking in plenty of traits that are basic to professionalism and being a mensch ...but what's the REAL reason they're not canned?

Inside connections?
    Knack at working the system?
    A tool of the system?
    Pulls a card?
    Nepotism?
    Cronyism?

Exactly what....?

That's the million dollar question!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the source of many well founded law suits imitated by reps.. its no secret that upper management regrets putting some ctls in these positions.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are some managers who make their own rules. Their attitude is F to the higher rule and expectations managers are to live by. F again to the comps (yep, skills) they're required to learn. When the DCOs not watching, it's manager gone wild! Its about getting ahead. Creating any scenario. Photoshopping any history. Stepping on any lowlie.

Want an award or promotion? AK with absolute perfection...and make 'em look good!

If not...ya ain't going nowhere, Joe...and if their nasties get the spotlight 'cause of you, yer out the door!

These are the notorious, the horribles in action!
    Some need to be transferred to Gitmo...they belong with other terrorists.

BTW...hear some will be shipping out for Git with the comin' cuts.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your post is so true... It reminds me of this funny story that I heard while working elsewhere.

I call it "The biggest A-hole on the planet" story.

A moron I knew got promoted into management.

My buddy said to me: "I'd like to get a look at the idiot that promoted him into management."

"Why in the world would you want to do THAT?" I asked incredulously.

"Because then I'd know I was looking at The Biggest A-hole on the planet if they don't know he's a moron!" my buddy said to me.