Why another sub 5-year CRTD?

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1- my info came directly from the evera xt manual
    2- most EPs want to know how the rhythm started to judge if the therapy was appropriate.
    3- while most patients don't have weekly arrhythmias I assume carelink will cause an alert and transmission if they do, maybe I'm wrong and u guys just ignore arrhythmias? Also I know of several practices who use Optivol, because it does not have an FDA approved alert they ask their patients to do weekly transmissions.
    4- while I know that you would love to believe that patients don't ever get shocked, the data says otherwise. And my question to you is, what then. Because the answer seems to be that your patients are hosed. Each shock costs you so much. You have a fixed energy source and it is the smallest in the industry. Per your brochure you may get up to 25% more longevity, but if you turn the can on you may not.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this was true they would have issued a statement. They report everything. You're lying.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check Maude reports. We have also seen this recently. Battery chemistry is not stable. Perhaps a hangover from being manufactured in a dog food factory

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So reading your (Medtronic's) PPRs makes this person on idiot? How does that work?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If nobody cares, why do you have it turned on initially, and then automatically (secretly?) disable it after a few months? If it is so worthless, why have it in the first place?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person nailed it.
    New device (VR) drains 47 days for each max energy charge. Compared to the sub-20 for BSX devices.
    Weekly transmissions? Why not, if it doesn't drain the battery? And MDT has them on at implant and turns them off after. If irrelevant, why offer this? Docs often wish to see what initiated the rhythm.
    The new VIVA manual actually instructs the customers to follow remotely as little as possible. This is an EXCELLENT option for physicians who wish to intervene immediately rather than discovering their patient has been in afib since the day AFTER their last quarterly transmission. Think about it. Weekly is standard of care.
    MDT doesn't want weekly because the device drains battery looking for the CareLink box rather than the box looking for the device. Another genius decision.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Revenue. You really couldn't figure that out on your own?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your facts a laughable but at the end of the day it's giving the custumer what they want not what you think they want. The numbers don't lie, MDT's CRM revenue is more than twice any competitor, so they deserve credit for their success.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If u mean that my facts are not true then I'm sorry to say, they are a direct quote from your evera manual.
    If u mean its funny that these are the facts I would say yes maybe to me. But to hospitals that are revenue neutral on gen chgs and stand to loose money on any infection cause by gen chgs this is not funy. If u think of the Pts, then no not funny.
    Like I said all facts are true and verifiable by simply looking in your manual. Do I think it's laughable that I had to teach u about your product? Kinda

Now tell me again that you have more share. I agree you make more money as a company than we do. (Not that funny). How much of this is from gen chgs? If you were to do the right thing and put a reasonably sized battery in your devices what would happen to this revenue?
    Here are the sizes of hybrid batteries today
    1.4 aH stj
    1.58 ah bio
    2 ah Boston
    1 ah mdt
    Yes u have more CRM revenue, 20-30% is from gen chgs. Are u really proud of this? What about your customers? The doctors today may thank u but tomorrow they may not. Your patients? I doubt it. Your shareholders? For sure !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Idiot,

25% changeout business is a direct result of years of dominating MS and the natural cycle of device longevity and a direct result of physicians and customers demanding they get another MDT device. If MDT had a history of poor performing batteries we wouldn't have dominated the market with over 50% of the industry $'s going in our pocket year after year.

Since BSX has nothing in their bag to compete with and nothing in their pipeline, the only thing they can do is try to pick on their competition. What a bright future?

Final question- how can you, BSX, have a battery discussion with anyone when your newest, most innovative device, subQ, has a battery life of 4-5 yrs (single lead ICD w/no pacing, no remote monitoring) How can you answer that question with a straight face?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is awesome. Use you have been ripped a new asshole and are still saying the same shit over and over. Give it up! The inappropriate shock argument is HILLARIOUS. I haven't seen an inappropriate shock in months. No one cares about that because its rare. Now they do care when a pt comes in with 50 shocks due to a failed mdt lead. Come on man is this all you have???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really are an amateur, aren't you?

MDT is the market leader, for sure. But today, they have average technology with the industry's worst battery. Your domination of the market had nothing to do with battery technology and the amount of gen changes taking place at 3-5 years proves that point.

And bringing the battery technology discussion to the Sub-Q product proves that you're a moron. BSX didn't make the battery, they simply ACQUIRED this company and the technology that came with it - while MDT worked on a similar product, but scrapped it. Gen II is in the works and will likely come to market being significantly smaller, Latitude enabled (the fact that a MDT rep brings up remote monitoring is laughable to begin with - save for another thread), and who knows, maybe MNO battery technology?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really think the company that continues to dominate the industry is now going to come out with an inferior battery and then warranty the devices beyond those of their competitors? You don't make any sense in your responses. You are trying to sell a device that you acquired with 4 year longevity and you're ragging on the competitions proven superior longevity???? You don't get it.

Explain how MDT dominates the market with devices that only last 3-5 yrs. Please give it a shot...and try to make sense.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are the facts:

1. MDT has inferior trans-venous battery technology
    2. MDT has the industry's smallest battery
    3. MDT warranty does not compare to BSX's 10yr warranty
    4. MDT does NOT have a Sub-Q device

You cannot compare sub-q technology to trans-venous. If a customer wants sub-q, then they have the ONLY option with BSX. If sub-q is not that critical for the patient, and the physician just wants the longest lasting ICD, then the obvious choice is BSX as well.

Please detail for us how this new chemistry will improve your longevity. I would love to hear this. Maybe I just don't understand battery technology.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How come no one tried to answer this ?

BSX vs MDT battery capacity is only one part of the equation... go back for the last few years and see how well BSX performed...oupss sorry i forgot you did not track your failures very well till the FDA shut you down and made you clean house...

How many engineers from Guidant do you have left that know how to design new CRM products ?

the only thing you have to fight with any company is battery life because you have no more money to invest in CRM.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who makes BSX new batteries and more importantly how much experience do they have in years ? I think GDT was Wilson Greatbatch and now GDT is making its own ?

How many years have BSX/GDT sold batteries with performance reports data based on product returns ? *you were a joke BSX/GDT... dont hang your hat on a fat battery.

European doctors are the most longevity minded device implanters in the world.
    What market share does BSX you have in Europe for ICD's .. please share ?

Last 1 year - 2 year - 3 year - 4 year - 5 year - 6 year........ Your Big battery has not given you any growth ?? why ???? please comment ??

SUV's dont sell in Europe - Hybrid's do..

All the GDT engineers are gone..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. MDT has inferior trans-venous battery technology
    * what are you using as a benchmark ?

2. MDT has the industry's smallest battery
    * Why is bigger better ? why are you focusing on this topic ?

3. MDT warranty does not compare to BSX's 10yr warranty
    * BSX are you giving 10 years to all your ICD models ?

4. MDT does NOT have a Sub-Q device

If i keep your thinking process :( bigger is better )

MDT dit have a Sub-Q device

It had a huge battery estimated at 7-10 years longevity in 2005.

You purchased one last year ..that lasts approx 4 years with terrible discriminators and you cant even make them.. due to internal issues.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BSX lost another 1% (0,7%) market share world wide. ( see financial analyst review ) NO BS marketing.

BSX reply : ( lets talk about how big our battery again like we did a few years ago) and lets talk how good our Paper Warranty to stop MDT possible blockbuster new HF device.

Medtronic continues to capture market share in a stable ICD market, resulting in worldwide sales up 2.5% ex-fx to $755 million versus the Street’s $730 million estimate. Now that all three manufacturers have reported, our market model indicates that the worldwide ICD market declined 1.2% ex-fx in CY1Q13, including a 1.2% decline in the US and down 1.2% ex-fx OUS. Once again, Medtronic increased its worldwide share to 47.6% from 46.1% y/y, with St. Jude Medical’s share decreasing to 26.9% from 27.9% y/y and Boston Scientific ceding a bit of market share to 22.1% from 22.8% y/y. In its ICD commentary, Medtronic noted that it continued to increase its lead-to-port ratio sequentially, and that it is at the highest point in several years. Further, in the US, the company’s ICD revenue was up 2.8% with volume stable and pricing improving to a 3% decline y/y, or the first quarter in several years that management has seen a sequential improvement in pricing.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOLRD WIDE Market share :

Medtronic Grew 2.5%
    STJ declined 1%
    BSx declined 0,7%

I guess Medtronic current SECURA-PROTECTA product line has a terrible battery or very smart sales people. either way BSX you lost again another Quarter- another year for the last 5 years.

MDT gained share due to STJ failures in the market.

BSX has nothing new and drastically decreased R&D in CORE CRM spending.

BSX has to spend on : Trans-Cath Valves / Renal Denernvation and fix the issue(s) with its SUB Q icd plant problems.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mdt finally has a good quarter and the little drones are posting everywhere. Remember moren this is a war. Just 7 years ago gdt was # 1 in the tachy market. Gdt built that market with the madit trials for you rookies. A lot happens in 7 years and BSC is laying a foundation based on where the market is heading. Again there is not place for 1 amp hour batteries. Like it or not ACO's are here and taking over little by little. I'm already seeing major contracts leave out mdt for this very issue. Enjoy your good quarter but please wake up and realize what's going on around you!