Who is the worst manager you have ever worked for past or present?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really takes a fool to spend over 30 years in an environment he hates. Whatta' fool indeed.....betcha' hate your life dontcha' ? I retired after 39 years and loved every moment of it......yes, I did learn to keep my eyes down, work hard, and not bitch about anything.....that worked, and I loved the trip indeed !

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you! Sounds like he liked the paycheck almost as much as you. Cheerleader

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JT and SC

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, Yeah! Jer*y Nels*n in Colorado was by far the worse. I think he's selling Horizant now. Definitely a hiring MISTAKE!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% spot on. Imagine the sit-downs he had about scavenger hunts w/reps in Chicago to gentlemen's clubs, not to mention neck braces after a motorcycle accident on his neck and a female DM under him on the same day. wow. He got lucky way too many times. Good riddance.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to mention, they lived in the same neighborhood and both married. Then within 1-2 months her divorce was final. (I actually had a room at a meeting and got up around 5:30 am to get a soda at the vending machine in the hallway and saw her leaving his room.) Yes, both married when I saw her leaving. I can only think they were going over a Powerpoint presentation about 4:30-5:30 am. Makes sense. Rotten Rooty Tooty. Gonesville.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Not selling Horizant. He was caught stealing soda cans from a dumpster!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AGREED!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can say that again!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Met c Hansen hated women. Pretty attractive man but clearly didn't give a rats ass about promoting women just the old boys network. What a loser. Surprised that no women sued on because of him. And he had to have known about jn and pk. Jn was the antichrist and was the most abusive manager I had ever come into contact with at GSK in almost 20y

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a real piece of work in S.CA. Micro-manages and loves reports. Haven't yet worked for the individual. That comes on July 1. Hear they ask for reports about the reports they submit. Then wants a report about that. Then when the sales numbers are down because their reps were busy running reports instead of selling, wants a report about why sales are down. Weekly reports, monthly reports and of course daily call note reviews. This is what I've heard. If any of you are aware of who I speak of, can you confirm? Is it true that this person has a legacy of their people going out on disability for stress? Myself and others are freaking out! Honest answers only.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't know the person but reflective of many gsk managers, metrics over productivity.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To Post 454: I know of whom you speak. Your post pretty much sums up what you are in for.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chris did know about Jerry (Jabba-the-Hut) N and Pat (Make mine a double) K! Misery loves company! A woman threatened to sue GSK because of abusive behavior by Jerry (Jabba) so they canned him!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#454. Yes

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is the most incompetent mgr you have ever worked for?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty much any M.D. who is a line manager.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The French one, lives in middle of country, SL. One more rep reports him to HR, that's likely the end of him here.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of you have a horror manager to nominate, and we believe you....there are many.

B-U-T, in the Carolinas a few years ago....they threw one after another female rotation managers at us, they lasted one year after imposing their own style and rules, and after getting rid of a few very good reps [ these ladies were in their 20's, and wanted to hire friends their age.....so the heat was put on older , experienced reps ]............after a few of these, our lives and families were changed ! They also liked to hire mothers-to-be so they could take advantage of GSK policies. On top of these part time managers for one year only.....the gurus decided to put a trainer in the rotation...he was even disliked by most offices......very poor people skills and for some mean reason liked to work with reps on their birthdays until 7-8PM doing reports after the work contact.