Where the pay is much better

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2016 at 12:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been here 6 years. I have some solid success numbers. My base is just over 105k and my bonus is somewhere close to 5-12 per quarter depending on the year.

QUESTION: Where else can I (we) go that you have heard of better base and bonus thats still in pharma. Lets air it out to our peers and share. Name the company - a base pay you know of and they bonus you know of.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Three places:
    1. Celgene
    2. Regeneron
    3. Biogen

Don't do your research on these boards but go ask their reps directly. If you are top third, you can average around 20k per quarter. I've been doing the research and all pay great. Celgene seems to also add a bunch of options every quarter. Biogen has the highest base. Regeneron pays well but seems to be the closest to big pharma in mentality. Good luck to all.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are already doing well with those numbers!
    To earn more, you might want to look to working inside a pharma company vs. outside sales. The people inside have much higher base pay than $105!

There is not much of an advantage to working in outside sales these days -- you have much less freedom than in the old days. The people on the inside frequently work from home or travel to meetings, rarely see or work with their bosses. So believe it or not, inside folks have more freedom these days than outside sales folks who are tracked.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True only in your big pharma mindset. If you break free of the big pharma matrix, you will see a world where companies pay their reps to sell. They don't track them. They ask them to follow all industry and company rules and then they pay them to sell.

Of course if you want to stay in the Matrix, you're right, inside is actually better than outside these days. Of course it's still Pfizer.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, dont comment. This thread is for leads. Where to move on to/What do they pay/Whats the bonus?whats the culture. Lets learn here people.

I know device giants like Stryker, Biomet-Zimmer, Depuy-Synthes and KLS Martin all offer almost zero base pay but if you can sell you can be over 200k some much higher and no ride alongs, no managers in your face and no ipads tracking you, no conference calls.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, but if you don't sell you'll go broke. I'll stay here and keep my steady check and 20 hour week. Love this place.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

im interviewing at Gore and my salary could get into the mid to high 200"s if I have a slightly above average territory.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP, these biotech's may pay more, but you are going to have to deal with much BS. Management in these organizations are short sighted also.

True wealth is measured in time, not money. I would only move if you current manager is a cork sucker. Otherwise, stay put, and enjoy your life.

Remember, these "super" reps or whatever they want to call themselves may make slightly more, but they tend to spend more.

It is better to have less stress, and live below your means (while making good investments in stocks or real estate or even another high paying degree) than to work for a company that values money and immediate results over everything.

companies that want immediate results are pathetic and to be avoided at all costs. companies with vision are NOT out there anymore, so choose wisely and don't be naive.

They don't care about you, and they don't have your best interests in mind. The just want the numbers, and want you do do whatever you have to to get them….and that often involves oddball practices, and many dinner programs that cut into your personal time.

good luck…and stop letting money dictate things. money is important…but hardly the most important reason to take a job. I know many people that made around 50k/year and retired in their early 50s, while stupid high paying device reps made 2-3x more and retired in their 60s.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just jumped to Actelion
    Base is 110K non negotiable but the bonus plan pays 25K per quarter at 100%
    If you have ever sold revatio this place is a gold mine

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone smart would never retire in their early 50's; they decimate their pension. Gotta go until 62 at least for $.