Where have all the adults gone and why is this board so boring now?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left in 2013, on my own terms, raised my arm twice but no action so in 2013 I had enough and decided the lump sum would not get much better. I think maybe the interest rates on the 3 measurement periods may have improved since then but it was worth it. At first I was pretty nervous, giving up a job I had for 33 years but after a few years I thought how did I do this for so long. In the end having to introduce a guy who came from the home office Compliance department, who came to ride with me, to my customers as not my new Manager but someone from the Merck corp. office, the final straw. It used to be interesting to read posts here, but now there is nothing but childish behavior here from people I assume work for Merck, but if they do, I am so glad I am not affiliated with any more. What happened to all the real Merck reps, did they just stop coming here and reading bullshit posted on this site? There are a few people from Merck I miss, but apparently none of them ever read this site.

Be Well

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My path is very similar to yours. Once we lost value to the majority of our customers as a company and industry (evidenced by declining access) then I was ready to end the charade. In the 80s we had so much to do we had to prioritize our time, in recent years we had to look for tasks to do. For those who doubt me, chart how much time you spend with customers next week and you will be shocked. We used to spend several hours a day in the presence of customers. Without lunch rfms, reps probably spend a total of one hour a week in front of customers. CTL field visits offer no value. As far as this site, so little factual information available. Just snarky comments and speculation. Time to move on and find true purpose in life because it ain't at Merck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well when you have young thirty something year old and forty something year old CTLs and DCOs who were fast tracked into these positions without much experience and think they know everything while treating reps like children, an interesting thing happens. If you treat reps like kids that you don't trust then they start acting like kids you can't trust. If you treat people with respect you are usually treated with respect.

Apparently, that philosophy is lost on Merck management. If you don't like what you see on the board, that's your problem. At least you don't have to put up with the idiots in Merck management anymore.

The backstabbing suckups who fast tracked their way up the company rule the roost and they hire like-minded losers like themselves. The people who have the people skills, the experience and the customer relationships have been pushed out for the koolaid slurping synchophants who will do anything for Mother Merck including undermining fellow reps or put Merck in front of personal/family time. The sadness you observe on this board is the result of the reign of the suckup synchophants who rule Merck now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prepare for it to get worse. If your 40 and over, be prepared to be stuck where you are. Merck's Workforce 20/20 program is all about the millennials. The fast track is now at warp speed to get this group in management before 2020. Talk about not paying your dues.......!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree the writing is all over the wall. If you are older you are seen as not valuable in this transformation and won't "work until 2 in the morning" like kids at Google, as KF himself has said. I am sad for my mid-career colleagues who have lives and families will have to endure this gut wrenching change for much longer than I.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

from the reggin CEO himself! you're all screwed. time is running out. people will figure out you have no access. unless they end up using your drug, you aint got shit for time. lots of browners in this company. or should I say boners. i guess maybe both