What's the Story on Applied Medical?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait until our energy device comes out!!! Applied will OWN the vessel sealing market within Two years. Upper management is filled with visionaries, other companies wish they had our senior leadership!!!
    Sorry, I was dreaming.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a company and/or a rep has to sell something hard, like Applied Medical does with their ethics, it is usually a indication that they are the opposite of what they are selling or preaching. This is a company that you need to stay away from, unless your career is already shot

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they make you place an order for more than the Material Manager ordered will they credit and returns?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely not! This is a very common Applied Medical scam. If you refuse as a rep to screw your customer over your LCM or DM will do it for you, then claim to the hospital that it was the TM. When the hospital complains they will:

a) try to throw the TM/rep under the bus by blaming them
    b) lie to the customer about accepting the return (which will NEVER happen)
    c) lie to their bosses at Applied about what happened (see "a")
    or d) all of the above.

If you are in hospital purchasing and buy from Applied, never ever let your rep have the ability to place orders for you - Applied management will abuse that to boost their sales numbers whenever they need to.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds illegal.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not illegal because it's not happening like you think. There may be a rep that tried something shady. I can tell you this is not how Applied works as a company.

Hey asshole @12:54. How about you take your bitching to someone who cares and shut the fuck up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

applied sucks pay is very low get injured and they bring up everything wrong you ever done there

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on going public?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not as long as our tyrant leader is still running the show. Said Hilal continues to line his pockets and fatten the wallets of his family members. He is not doing what is in the best interest of the company or his employees, but rather those close to him. Just do a search his name on Zabasearch.com and type in Trabuco Canyon. Señor Saddam is living pretty luxuriously out there in the hills and his sons, daughters, nieces, in-laws are making pretty nice salaries too.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, like you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in his position. He deserves it. He doesn't have to care about employees he has to care about the shareholders and that is all. When the time is right the company will either go public or be purchased.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure I understand. I hold many share options...basically worthless unless hey go public (or are old). Does that not make me a shareholder?

The whole idea of issuing those options was as a form of compensation. We're they issued in good faith or were they issued as a manipulative tool?

I suppose only time will tell...(hope I'm still alive by then. :)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Sounds like you're from the old guard and have been here a few (emphasis on few) years. I wish someone from corporate reading this who actually has a brain understands the pressures we lowly minions are under out in the field every day. Just because Said went to Capitol Hill back in 2003 and cried like a baby doesn't necessarily give him the right to treat the sales force with such little respect and not to mention the poor factory workers working in RSM that look like they basically are working in a sweat shop. i.e. lower than lower pay, rooms with no windows, deplorable working conditions.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're such an idiot. You clearly don't know what's happening in the corporate office. Poor factory workers. My heart goes out to them. If it's so bad, why don't you report Applied as a sweat shop. Save the workers. You'll be a fucking hero! They deserve better! You can save them. Their future and happiness depends on one person: dun dun dun......YOU!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep...from quite a while ago. I have a great number of stock options...and would like to have them become worth $$. I received them a) as a reward for achievement AND b) for staying with the ship when it was floundering. Unless the company just doesn't have the assets, Said et al need to face up to their business and ethical obligations. Actually, they don't "need" to do that...but if they decide not to they will brand themselves as cheats. I, and many others, have waited MANY years for this deferred compensation check to be cashed.

P.S. I thoroughly enjoyed working for the company...then known as Applied Vascular. I introduced my nephews to the business though this company; we have all graduated on to great success in this field. It is what it is. It's a good step of some careers; not for others. Know which it is or you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone shed some insight as to why they no longer offer these stock options you speak of? The base pay is average to below average at best. The commission structure is a rather complex web of near unattainable goals to meet. i.e. 25% fixation? you have to be kidding me TS. I know a decent amount of reps in this company and on the stack ranking reports, almost NOONE hit 25% last qtr, which leads me to believe TS and his goons don't want the reps to make too much. and btw, only a $1,000 or $2,000 "bonus" for the quarter if you hit that 25% number? are you kidding me? I could make more money selling cars on the weekend. TS, if you are reading this, maybe you should think about how you incentivize us lowly reps.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's actually a good point. I never tried hitting that 25% threshhold because its not worth my time. Now that you mention it, I never realized how little they pay you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is almost 2014 and Applied is still not in the Energy market. Why?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly wabbit, Trix are for kidz!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they will lose a ton of money? Wasn't energy supposed to come out in 2012? Looks like they know they will get their ass kicked.