What or Who are the worst recruiters to deal with and why??

Discussion in 'Northeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2005 at 4:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J calls me about every other month with a new "great" opportunity.. always the same job.... same message... different person.

There is a recruiter in Boston who is very good- Ariana Zadek from Target Consulting she helped me land a specialty position in Manhattan

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AGREED!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not use Rick Speight out of NC, Biltmore recruiters. He is deceiving and will screw you over for his own benefit. I would recommend Nate Mesics with Michael Page International. They actually meet with their prospects to better understand them...so as to best be able to sell them to future employers. I think, although can be time consuming, is a great idea and I wish more did this!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlantic Management Resources is the worst hands down. If you have ever dealt with them, they are the true definition of unprofessional. As the previous poster said, Clinton hides behind his voicemail all day. Lloyd does not return calls. What a racket.

Someone should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jim Carbone....Carbone Group

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAREN FROIO-CARTER MCKAY-ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. SHE WILL USE YOU TO FILL HER QUOTA OF CANDIDATES FOR A CLIENT AND THEN TRASH YOU. SHE DOESN'T RETURN CALLS UNLESS SHE STILL NEEDS YOU...........IT IS ALL ABOUT HER. DON'T DEAL WITH HER !!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy is the worst. Sounded like he was working just for me. Like he had all these options. Promised me the world. Like all the others he never go back to me ..... He's such a loser

8. Hi Guys. ..

I almost hate to say it. . .but I'm a recruiter. Before you start throwing tomatoes. . I actually don't do Pharma Sales so I have no dog in this fight LOL.

One thing I can say after being on this side of the industry is that you guys are right. Many, if not most, recruiters are no better than used car salesmen. They have no clue of what they're talking about and they'll do just about anything for their own benefit. But, I will tell you that in many cases (at least in Clinical which is what I do) you are better off going to a company through a good recruiter than on your own. Your resume will get more attention sooner. . .

So, how to find a good recruiter? I'm willing to guess that they're calling you guys day and night so you probably don't have to look. Instead, you might want to screen them. Find out what their background is. What did they study in College? Do they have any idea about science or the industry? Ask them some very specific questions that would be relevent to the position you're seeking. Can they really answer them? Or do they need "to get back to you on that". . .

Screen your recruiter like they were an employee YOU were hiring. After all, they will be working for you. . .

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest advice with no plug...I like that. Just went through a layoff and in desperate need of a good recruiter. If only there were more like you out there!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAY AWAY FROM BILL BARACANI? HERBECK AND ASSOCIATES, AND ALSO LORI HERBECK...THEY ARE USELESS AND SNOBS, THEY ARE SELF SEEKERS THAT REFUSE TO CALL YOU BACK!! i HAVE REPLIED TO SEVERAL POSTS AND AM MORE THAN QUALIFIED AND NOTHING!! I ALSO HEAR THE GET A HIGHER RATE OF COMISSION- HENCE YOU GET A LOWER OFFER

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good recruiter firm for lab sales is Sloan & Associates. They helped place me in the lab business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a fan of Bill B or Harbeck either but let me say this in their defense as a DM.

You can't call everyone back. I get so many resumes, I just can't.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst:
    ECA...several of them
    Licata----no return on any messages
    Bradin-----always cuts you off on calls

Best

Lois Shanker---works hard (Shrifrin group)
    Jade Monahan-----very good, but not in much (Boston)
    Pat Antonio-----excellent.....former rep (Market PROS)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you please share contact info for the 'Best' ? Thanks, in advance!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm working with ECA now. I think the guy I'm talking to is great. He has sent me on 2 interviews with 2 separate companies and I've been invited to second interviews for both positions. The pre-interview prep got a little obnoxious, but in the long run it all worked out. Returns all my calls and keeps me in the loop.

If you have some b2b or pharma experience, I would definitely call ECA Recruiters.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey I have to agree with one of the "Best" posts but add something to it.

Jade Monahan in Boston is great. She is very helpful with coaching and will tell you if your not a match for a position. She never wasted my time and was totally up front with me about the DMs interview feedback. The original poster said she was great but commented that she's "not in much". She actually was very sick over the last year and was working full time (I learned this from a peer who knows her very well). So, she may not have been there to take calls but she got back to me quickly and she placed me in less than a month. I heard she's back at work full time now and she is working on a lot of positions.

Her office info is listed at www.locksearchgroup.com and she is based in Boston.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found Troy and Associates to be very unprofessional. Highly unorganized, seemed like a different recruiter from that office would call me with different info on the same opening within 24 hours of each other. They dont even have a working website either which is very suspect. Who knows maybe theyll get you a the million dollar job but I will be staying away in the future.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually receive a job offer from an interview I gain through using the firm, but they are not professional!!!! I would not trust the intentions of this company!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are all equally bad. However, it seems to me that this vocation is symptomatic of bigger problems. Parents don't parent, Universities don't teach and the Free Market is utterly corrupt. Our nation is in decline and the worse it gets the more unaccountable, ignorant and expedient people and things become. These traits seem to exemplify not only the soulless recruiter but the candidate alike. Nonetheless, the recruiting industry is a self centered abscess on the corporate body. Bottom line, the people in this industry are motivated by greed, anything else they may claim is pure delusion. They may seem benign but they are the ooze covering a malignant condition, if not outright aiding it. In conclusion we can only hope to rid ourselves of this evil vocation if we first address the underlying causes for it.

A final afterthought; recruiters can and do keep a large segment of the population from getting work. Their stranglehold on the job market dooms many to chronic unemployment and their actions should be investigated if not indicted. Again the bottom line is they have only their own interests in mind.

Independent Thinker

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ryan English. Unprofessional, sloppy, and rude! And I'm on the hiring side! I can't imagine what he puts the candidates through...

I stopped using him about a year ago and he still emails me.