What happened to the state government folks?

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did any of them make it? I tried to get into that department, thinking it might be safer in case of a merger. Staying in sales was the wrong move for me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dealt with them a bit- some were great and some were oxygen thieves. I hope the good ones make it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They came out smelling like a rose.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PP
    You must be kidding to think that goverment folks were safer than you in sales!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UHHHH-as far as I know, every one of them kept their jobs. I think that speaks for itself.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think it's a matter of them keeping their jobs, they just haven't made the cuts yet- they are technically "home office" so they were not cut with sales. It will be a bloodbath.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most were already gone

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good ones should be able to find a job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave moody? I assume je parlayed his alternative lifestyle into protection from HR

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have no idea what alternative lifestyle you are referring to. Dave is a fine man with a nice family. And he will be VERY well taken care of, becuase he does a good job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave is a good man.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moody= another "yes" man

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sandy Thomas in Atlanta???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moody (who really is a "yes man"), got the public affairs/policy job for vaccines. Not sure at what level.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a matter of time before they get canned like the rest of us. What the heck are they doing right now anyway? Collecting a paycheck for doing zippo?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave Moody is a good man.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post Dave!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

State Government Affairs was an interesting amalgam of talent and personalities. You had several Directors who really knew what they were doing and will survive on their own. There were others, unfortunately, who were promoted into the group who were nice people, but did not have a clue about politics and how Government works, or does not work. The Senior Directors were good sales people who Richie liked and promoted. All they knew was sales, sales, sales. They had no clue about politics and Government. They viewed it as another sales call. They did not belong in the Department. They were put in those positions because their VP (Rich Winget) was clueless, risk adverse, couldn't make a decision, empty suit, who managed by fear and his VP title. He called himself a leader, but he was really only a "boss", and used his title to "bully" those under him. The only way to succeed under him (ala Moody, etc.) was to NEVER disagree, and assume the "go-along, get-along" philosophy. I'd sit in meetings with him and you could tell that he did not have a clue what was being discussed half of the time. He'd just smile, non his head, and sip his Diet Coke.
    Anyway, as I said, there were several who will do well. The others should go back into a sales position somewhere. Winget really did them a dis-service by promoting them into the Dept. Oh well, By-bye Richie and good ridance!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting point about the group. As an insider, despite their "leadership", (or lack of) they really seemed to do a good job. I'm not an expert on politics and government, but I'm sure it's not easy dealing with elected officials every day. Definitely NOT a sales job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially when they are trying to drive down 5000 pieces of harmful, anti-industry legislation down your throat in a DAILY hostile work environment.