What do FLLs really do?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Besides getting spoon-fed bullshit from upper management, what do FLLs do beside resend emails, approve expense reports, and try to ride along w reps a few days a week? I know that there is no avoiding them, but seriously...this is the biggest waste of money in pharma. After about 1 year in, I realized that my FLL was just playing the game better than I was. Now they are only managing 6-7 reps!!!

I hope investors realize that they are paying tens of millions of dollars in salary, benefits, flights, hotels, etc. for some goofball to come into offices with me every few weeks, only to have my customers give me "the look" and hopefully forget about it the next time I see them.

Craziness!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear newbie , or perhaps Millennial......gray hair here over 30 years in sales. In the good ole days , the manager was your friend and would come for a ride along every 8-10 weeks for a day or a day and a half.....he would ask you and the wife out for a top notch meal...he would give a few nice tips, slap you on the back and go home. As the company grew they followed other company's policies....and all evolved with computers and managers with score cards. They looked bad if they kept reps who were on the bottom, and if they had bottom reps they hired, they really looked bad at hiring skills.......dog eat dog. There will always be managers and reps will always be under fire.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FLL here, we don't spend our days reading and responding to gossip on Cafepharma. Without our leadership and mentorship, GSK would be far less productive. Get some sleep and wake up tomorrow ready to meet with your HCPs

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on, they are the worst managers in all of sales in my opinion. Literally have to fake work. Other manners actually function as a part of the team, not in GSK pharma. They don't sell at all.

It's a lovely job if you get there, my manager is awful and has a easy life. Free road trips and works around his kid n wife schedule. He always arrives late and cuts out early to head back home before 3.

Easy easy easy! But yes, we really don't need them.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just spent your time on cafepharma, and you did leave a comment.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10% of the people in gsk do 90% of the work. You are a sucker if you're not stealing a check at gsk.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really want your manager with you for a full day anyways??? Be thankful they are leaving early.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK managers aren't real sales managers because the reps aren't paid on sales results.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha yes this is true. Acting coaches at best.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are FLLs that should be shown the door?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are here to grade you, watch you, and hire / fire you.