Whackyass Welch to the Rescue!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im convinced welschwhackyass doesnt know what we do during the day. what a total waste of time

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonderful townhall meeting whackyass. Couldn't go to work without all your expertise on a a vast array of subjects. I wish you could come out and have a field visit with me so that you could share your wealth of knowledge with me. You're so great. You're the best ever!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a NP that got screwed by Merck while under Jimmy's management. I gave my two week notice when I decided to leave Merck but wasn't paid for those two weeks. I am totally enjoying reading this thread. I make it a point every day I see patients to make sure they are not on any of Merck's products. Got asthma...you aren't getting Singulair, Dulera etc. Advair is fine. Got Type II DM?? Onglyza works just fine. Elevated lipids?? Crestor works great. Karma has a strange way of coming back to bite you in the ass. I only see 40 patients a day so I can't return much Karma to Jimmy but I do what I can. Karma is a bitch.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's NP's and PA's on this site watching for welsh?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a member of the "executive" team as you call it, I can tell you one thing: if you don't do it his way you're probably out. We have to sit around and agree with all his babble for hours at a time. It's been our experience that when we don't agree,the meetings end up lasting a lot longer. We've learned-for most of us anyway-to kook-aid up and take it. Makes for an easier life. He doesn't like things that don't fit in his nice little shoe box. If you bring up an opposing view, you're not a team player. I wouldn't believe all the chatter about transparency, open-door policy, candor, etc. He's just like any other business executive-get on his bad side and life will be miserable until you leave. He's spoken to us as a group and tries to reconfirm our allegiance to his vision. We all agree-until the flights home. Don't fight it-go with the flow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive been burned by calling in and talking to whackjob. says its courage and candor, but turns out to be couraga/candor/cut. Since when did speaking candidly and the ability to do so become such a huge issue with this region? What's it say about a company-in this case an entire region-who has to go out on a plank and try to get everyone to buy into the whole candor issue? Whacky is only pretending to show candor. Don't do it-behind closed doors he does nothing but backstabs and calls anyone who doesn't agree with him "a problem,", "a complainer," or "not a team player." Good old whacky

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all whacky likes to do is sit in his office and make believe he knows what goes on in the field. Hum, lets recycle something thats already been done in the past and make a new thing for everyone to do. lets make a new flagging exercise. lets create some more meaningless work so everyone things im "engaged."

you know squat about managing, selling or human interaction. your ability to be as shallow as you are is beyond the imagination. stale ideas, stale tactics, stale interactions, stale mtgs, stale mvx, stale motivational messages, etc. it gives me great hope to know that someone of your talent, or in this case lack of, can make it to the dco level. maybe theres hope for me then.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm afraid little jimmy just can't be trusted. Don't believe the bit about his door is always open-he's always around to take a phone call, etc. He'll make it sound good and then stabs you in the back when least expected. You won't on board with whacky and then you're in trouble.

And I wouldn't let him come in to your territory. Of the people we saw, none want him back. All of them saw his corporate lines and feigned interest in what providers want. Trust me-don't do it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waiting for my motivational message from whacky to start off the week. i cant do anything without his guidance

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whackyass shows up in town and tells us:
    If were doing something that doesnt make sense, lets remove it.
    We talk about some of those issues
    Whackyass does nothing but sits on his hands and fills the air with meaningless words
    I have an idea: how can we remove you?
    Ive never seen such an uninspired, company cool aid drinking fool in my entire adult life
    If there was a way for me, a lowly rep, to have you removed, I would do it in a minute.
    You provide no leadership, and only cook aid drinking company lines for guidance
    You have no clue what a day of a rep is like
    And why would you?
    You didn't work very much when you were a rep

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a post about toiler paper reps. HOw about a toilet paper dco? He is disgustingly poor. What i cant believe is that nobody seems to know how incompetent he is?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a pathetic little man with little skill at what he does. I've got some great stories about him that go back a way. It's always fun to hear some of the things he expects all the reps to be doing when he didn't do any of them when he was a rep. Ah...the privileges of being a Merck manager.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. Some of us on the team know it. We're just intelligent enough to give him the answers he wants. It's called job security-I'll tell you about it sometime. Sad, but true.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welch - my man! You must be doing something correct inorder to rile up these maggots.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people are rude! No one will ever please you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it easy lady! This thread is nothing compared to some of the others on here. We'd all be pleased if he were out of here. You must be one of the lazyass s3's that are still hanging around-asking everybody to do your work for you. Maybe a little delegating here and there. You know what I'm talking about. Either that or you're one of the two managers who can actually tolerate him. You one of the brown-nosers? Either way that tells us a lot about you. Now go back to your computer and try to be a little more "relevant." Isn't that the word we're using now?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree. Since when is telling the truth mean? Only if it hurts, right?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we could easily be pleased with having a DCO who knows and understands how to do business. Not like this. I see there must be a few others sharing the same concern/discouragment because now there's another thread about whacky.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A DCO that knows business? Yeah right! Funny.
    You won't be getting any good business tips from old Jimmy boy, AKA whacky

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get sick to my stomach when I heard whackjob leaving us a message on mvx.
    I can't stand to hear his voice and all his analytical "we're doing good" when we're below plan on everything but one drug. This reminds me how this whole thread got started. Whacky not understanding the numbers but spinning them to make him sound good. Guy loves to hear himself talk