Wes Wheeler/Tim Arendt-Twin Destroyers??

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am writing from Valeant pharmaceuticals, where Wes Wheeler and Tim Arendt are single-handedly destroying the company. We were just wondering what their reputations were at GSK, Any opinions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things aren't perfect, but "single-handedly destroying the company" is a bit over-the-top.

Care to elaborate?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct.

If I were to be completely accurate, I would have to admit that they are not "single handedly" destroying the company.

They are in fact being helped by other ex-GSK managers.

What are you referring to when you say "things aren't perfect"?

It sounds like you may know a little about what's going on, do you have any connections to Valeant management?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with GSK on Thursday... Any advice?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You know more than Tim Tyson!
    They should put you in charge!
    You left out some very key indicators that I won't go into because it would reveal my identity.
    On the other hand, your information is so specific, I could almost guess who you are.
    I'm curious, why in the world would an internal Valeant manager be monitoring a GSK sales rep site?
    Very interesting...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The day Wes Wheeler left was a great day for GSK!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm...interesting perspective. Unfortunately for Valeant, I think that they have been making excuses far too long. It makes one wonder why big GSK guys would ever come to a little company like Valeant. What's in it for them? Gotta be something pretty good. Doubt it has to do with "making the company successful". More like "making themselves successful" at the expense of others.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked with Tim Arendt in a few different areas and can only say good things about him. Hands off, bottom line guy. What you say about him at Valleant doesn't add up.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd second the above comment on Tim Arendt...I'm an ex-GSK specialty rep.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess his results will speak for themselves.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone ever worked for Wheeler or know anything about him? What's his deal?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know Wheeler, but I heard that he was a jerk.
    Could "crack the whip" but never get anyone to follow his lead. Thought he knew it all, but didn't deliver.
    I knew Tim, found him to be a bit arrogant and self centered.
    Talked a good talk, but when it came right down to it, I never trusted him.
    What I'm wondering, is with all the Pharma managers in the world, why would they choose these guys?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tim Arendt is one of the most fair and decent guys I have ever worked with and for. His departure from GSK was a great loss to the company. I would welcome him back in a second.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe he was at GSK, but he sure isn't at Valeant. People above him may agree with you (GSK folks) but not the people below him.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At Valeant, we'll all chip in and pay the headhunters fee to get him back to GSK?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wheeler and Arendt can't screw it up any worse than the losers that were running things. They have cleaned out a lot of trash employees and need to be given a chance. Not everyone is unhappy with the changes, just the losers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arendt is doing the right things for Valeant....it's just there's NO communication w/in that company. They're probably going to land Bioglan to give their Derm division at least a broader RX portfolio for several years to come..but morale & patience are low there...he's NOT the problem..it's definitely
    Wheeler that's the culprit and the "main destroyer"!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our offer still stands, we'll still pay the headhunter fees... now go to the bathroom and wipe the shit off your nose.