We All Like Sheep

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In no certain terms I want to be mad at Publicis for yesterday's turmoil. We were pawns in a game that we cannot win. I don't care how good you think you are. We now operate in a climate of worth based on where you live, not your skills. If you think differently, I think you a fool. We all like sheep. Back to the future...we are ramped up and under Mr Jones leadership well integrated into the AZ family. A contract team at a launch. A team with a #. DS4. Hmmm...it's working. Launch forecasts are above trajectory. Our teams are collaborating and winning most fronts. But there's a storm in the tower brewing. Who's in charge? All the while we merry band of sheep continue chomping on the grass having no suspect of the wolf over the horizon. By years end 2014, we're fat, dumb and at least complacent. But then Topher the wolf emerges and we're shuffled to a greener pasture. BJ thrown from the window, Hudson trembling in fear. Split the portfolio he says! Split the teams! Spit upon MC and save the day with the magical musical savings card! All the while the competition stays on course, expanding their share of voice and MC coverage...as they should. 6 vs 2 in territory? We poo poo on your heads. For we are the mighty AZ! No MC you ask? No worries! Hop on one foot, shake this rabbits foot and repeat after me! We are the mighty AZ! What do you mean it's not working? Hello Publicis...you're not doing it right. You're not seeing the right people. Your not saying the right words. Are you checking the boxes. 16 calls on a bottom feeder. That's what it takes. Take a couple of hostages until that rediculus pharmacy tech figures out the fine print! All the while the sheep on June 30 were being eaten by the wolves. I want to be mad at Publicis but I think there's a reality that Publicis is only a mama sheep subject to roll over when the wolves come over the hill. The wolves making seriously bad decisions that cost good good people there livelihoods and potentially a lot more. Backs Christmas Oritorio got it right. All we like sheep.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not be mad at Publicis. Publicis has zero say. I have been with Publicis for six months. I was employed (and entire division let go) by a manufacturer for 15 years. I survived SEVERAL rounds of layoffs. One example - We were informed by an email that there would be a ROF - the next day. Affected managers were called that evening (mine got let go - 25 years with the company), and surviving managers would phone reps the next day to let them know if they were being let go. The only way I knew I had my job was by NOT receiving a phone call at all. The NEXT day all of the displaced reps/managers' received their severance package/HR info via FED EX. This is UNIVERSAL.

We had a mandatory conference call at 7 that evening, were informed that equal numbers of tenured, gendered, ethnicity, ages (older and younger) were let go across the board - that in NO way did this equate to performance, that an OUTSIDE consulting company made the restricting/realigning/new geography, etc., etc., etc. decision. We were also told that if any opening came available, that displaced reps would NOT be able to interview for the position, but that they COULD interview with Quintiles, our contract sales force.

This is what has BEEN happening for a LONG time - in the pharmaceutical industry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very insightful and well said. Topher is a little wolf who thinks he's a big wolf. Therein lies his vulnerability. Jackass in the first rank! Publicis sales reps with real sales talent need to leave now. AZ doesn't deserve them. Let's face it, most of the D4 reps were better than the direct employees anyway.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nicely put! .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best way to not be like a sheep is to not act or think like a sheep. You have to be independently really good at what you do, and know the value you can bring to others. Anyone can do that. Some do. You should.

My guess is a lot of people with a lot of talent were let go from this assignment. I know a few of them, because they called me, because they are smart. Not just for calling me, but because they were smart enough to bring their best when they worked on my team. They aren't like sheep. As evidenced, in large part, by their determination to market themselves to others, starting now.

Truth is, someone, somewhere, decided your effort was no longer profitable in the position you were deployed. It happens all the time. It happens to the best of us. Company or even industry independent.

It isn't a reflection on you, and it isn't necessarily a reflection on them, either. Whether the decisions are right or wrong is not relevant to you, because you aren't the person making them. You are accountable only to yourself for making decisions that will either elevate you and others, or not.

I like sheep, but I am sure as hell nothing like sheep. I am also a big fan of Publicis. Everyone who knows me knows that. Literally. Best thing to say in an interview? Fantastic company, loved it, learned a lot, great experience, but there wasn't enough potential in my geography. Here is what I did . . .

Then, get that job because you are confident as hell and proud of what you have accomplished.

Believe it, and it will come through in what you say. Believe it, because it is true.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If hiring managers see that you have had more than two jobs in the past five years, they'll toss that resume right out. If you have great accomplishment in a specific disease state and its not recent. i.e. within the last two years, they'll treat you like it is now null and void.

What you need to do is rely on your connections.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me be clear. I was not displaced. Some of my hard working friends were. Today, I am frankly still a little shell shocked. As I penned, I want to be mad at Publicis but I am not. I realize the organization is at the mercy and disposal of the decisions made by AZ and the current AZ Admin who are making VERY BAD DECISIONS! Why on earth did they monkey with a formula that had a positive focus and upward trend outcomes. I have been through this before on both sides both as the company rep and the contract rep. I can't or at least don't recall that it was the result of so many WTH moves. AZ...if your reading,
    1. Bring our teams back together
    2. Combine the portfolio so that we can truly be Patient Centric
    3. For Gods sake...GET ON MC PLANS!!!
    4. Plan a strategic map for realistic and impactful access
    5. Stop the check box BS! Let us use the tools that you have given us to actually target the right people with the right need!
    6. Put incentivized programs in place throughout the pursuit
    7. Do this NOW and we take back this damn hill

Last: Publicis, I get the b2b relationship with AZ. On my behalf be a better leader in this game and negotiate my ability for a second to believe I could just possibly have a career here. As is, this is a job. I'll do everything you ask. I'll do the extra junk. Don't rob me of equity in the end when your client is screwing it up royal!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bloody well done!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^ +1

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boom! Why don't you run the joint?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys... Never quit. Keep selling even if you were cut. As a DM, I'd much rather hire someone who doesn't quit. Why do we all feel like we need to receive a paycheck for doing a good job. I'd rather give a good reference to someone that is not so high maintenance. You're getting spoiled folks. Slavery builds character... Go further, farther, and just make it happen.!
    Just food for thought. Hope this helps.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

King sheep it don't help, time to get out of this dreadful job, this DM is a soulless puke

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slavery? Sheesh

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Figures you're a "manager". You and those like you are ass-kissing fools duped into a shit job because your grossly inflated ego makes you think you actually matter. Face it asshole, you are nothing more than a baby sitting secretary.
    Take your reference and stick it in your ear....your ass is too full.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't ego that makes a person think they matter, it is their mindset. Of course, it helps when they know they matter, and have mattered, for a lot of people in a positive way. How are you doing on that front? Seems you are preoccupied with "mattering" in a negative way. Kind of like the guy who accomplished getting a flag taken down. Unintended consequences. Your position on this subject is absurd. You should focus on doing good things for people. You will feel better.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im pretty much in agreement with your position. Condescension coming from someone with the same or even less experience really doesn't make sense.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel great! Thank you for your advice.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF are you talking about? More reps have been damaged by incompetent, under qualified fools than never helped anyone but themselves. If it's the right flag, I'd feel very positive about getting it taken down....the Nazi flag for example, or the Isis flag as another. Your position is absurd. I've done more good things for people in one day than most do in a lifetime.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll feel better when you drop dead