Want to be a sales rep but no experience

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Blane, Jul 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Blane

Blane Guest

i want to get into dental sales but the problem is I have no sales experience. I have a degree but it's in culinary arts. I went to hygiene school but had to leave with one semester left to go and I don't have the money to go back. Any advice on how to prep in order to get a career in dental sales in my situation? And does any company offer training? Patterson is in my area. Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This forum is probably the last place to go for honest advice. Instead, you may want to reach out to Stephanie Henkle. Her company specializes in dental career placement.

Stephanie Henkle Global Executive Search Consultant
    Michael R. Crane & Associates, LLC
    shenkle@mrcadental.com
    www.mrcadental.com
    646.707.4344 (phone) 646.349.2073 (fax)

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simple here.

go into food sales to get your selling experience…food sales is difficult, but you can leverage that into a good sales job later on.

or, you can get loans to finish up your schooling.

However, for sales, you best bet now is food sales. Look at companies like DOT, or Shamrock. Stay away from Sysco. I used to work there and they will treat you like crap.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"i want to get into dental sales but the problem is I have no sales experience. I have a degree but it's in culinary arts. I went to hygiene school but had to leave with one semester left to go and I don't have the money to go back. Any advice on how to prep in order to get a career in dental sales in my situation?"

Nevermind 'prep'. You do not qualify to be interviewed. Your 'resume' will not be considered.

NO qualifications for dental sales whatsoever.

NONE. Finish hygiene and start working.

We need the taxes you will pay. Hurry.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honest but tough question. Why would any company hire you over someone with previous sales experience?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice tits?

Ask an honest question, get an honest answer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you looking on this site?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way dude