Wacky Crestor commercial

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just saw the weirdest Crestor commercial on TV with some paunchy middle aged guy running around shouting, "GO Crestor!" AZ is loosing it!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loosing? Or losing? Einstein.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so unprofessional... I'm ashamed to tell people I worked and now retired from this insane company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right I've been retired for a number of years now. There was a time that I was so proud to be from Zeneca (later AstraZeneca). However times and things have changed, and Now when asked who I worked for, I simply answer," a major company."
    The pharma industry has truly fallen to a new low, with AZ at the bottom. A curse on them all.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getting old sucks and is generally lonely. If we live as long, we will be right there with you. What catches my eye is you bitch with a pension to cushion the blow of old age. We on the other hand have no defined benefit to look forward to. Yet you spend retirement time at this proverbial water cooler. For what it is worth, I have no idea if the TV ad will help balding sports fanatics stay on Crestor. The rah rah is all that is left of the science behind the drug and if this company cannot stop the hemorrhaging and become insolvent, your pension will be 33 cents to every dollar per the PBGC. But you are smart and took the lump sum. Either way, You moan in the comforts of the very company that paid out your lump sum or monthly benefit.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I detect a few messages in your post:

you complain because there are other people who have more (a pension) than you. You complain that there are other people (AZ) who have run the company into insolvency.

The second message, and undertone, I get is that you are jealous. You want to be getting money and not have to work for it.

Wake up. You are getting money -- good money -- and you really don't have to work for it. (Only two days a month if you're off the radar.)

The problem is, as you seem to understand, that you're going to get old one day and then you'll understand that life really isn't all about money at all.

(If you think for a second that the empty heads that are executives at AZ understand that, then I'll eat a bug.)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I did not take the lump sum. I have been on my lovely AZ pension for quite a few years now, and along with my mammoth IRA (over $3 mill.) have no fear for the future. But you must understand, AZ (at least before Astra) was a great company and actually cared for its' people.
    It's not my problem that idiots like yourself joined up with, and stayed with AZ even though you were aware that AZ had become a travesty of what it was once It has been spirally down hill for over fifteen years now. When I left AZ, I and everyone else knew what AZ had become. You had plenty of warning as I did. I was smart, what's your excuse?

Incidentally, since I have all the money I'll ever need, good health, and a wonderful family and friends (by the way, my wife was an executive VP of a company much larger than AZ, and didn't do poorly either in her retirement), we have not found getter older much of a problem at all, as you stated in your rant. I hope that things get better there for yourself and AZ...but I kind of doubt it. Have you ever thought of getting out and putting your ass somewhere else....it's your future, not mine.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait to see the new Faslodex ad!! I'm sure the people who put this together can make breast cancer look fun!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are spot on. The 1999 "merger of equals" was the beginning of the end.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Words so true. I was a DM at the time ended up with the Astra RSM from hell. My luck I only had Attila the Hun for a short bit. Not only was he a micromanager of the first degree he was a mean ass drunk at meetings. He would intimidate people all around him and enjoyed it. Finally after numerous HR complaints about him he ended up in government sales where he died a slow death. Can anyone guess who I am talking about?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone remember shortly after the merger the new business cards said AstraZeneca, then in very small print at the bottom of the card it said something like, " A business unit of Zeneca corporation."

That disclaimer was soon taken off the card. It may have been a merger of equals to the world, but it felt like Astra USA here in the U.S.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then the bad teeth Brits managed to drive it into the ground.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This can only be one.....I know who it is.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Little Jose ... or was it Hose B ...

16. Hal Wheeler

Hal Wheeler Guest

Has anyone noticed that the "doctor" in the "Go Crestor" ad says ""Helps high risk patients reach a GOLD of under 100". The following graphic clearly says GOAL. How could this get past the ad agency, or the marketing department. Total carelessness!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked my doc to put me on Crestor after seeing the commercial, and I don't even high cholesterol.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This business used to be called ETHICAL pharmaceutical promotion. This commercial is an insult to medicine. It cheapens our company and hurts the entire industry. We are not selling soap or soft drinks it's medicine for god sakes. I am so embarrassed that I used to work for this company and spent my entire career in this industry. What ever happened to ethics and class?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

... Commenting on the Crestor TV ad with the fat black woman trying to trot gracefully from scene to scene, saying she's "down with Crestor..." Has anyone else noticed the similarities between her lugging her weight around, and the dancing ballet hippos in the old Disney movie "Fantasia?" Every time I see the ad, that's all I can think of... A morbidly obese person trying to move gracefully without jiggling or sloshing, on toes too small for her girth. Sorry but that really is all I see.