VRIF remorse

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those taking the VRIF knew the writing was on the wall.......that's why none are hired back.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder how this poor soldier is doing today?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about anyone else who took the VRIF, but boy it is fun talking with the ol GSK people, bitch, bitch, bitch, ha ha. Hell, I had a job lined up the next week and have one top 10% trips the last 2 years. Thanks GSK for all you did for me, but GSK is all messed up now. Hmmm, whose laughing now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, GSK is messed up right now, but I believe we can right the train. Should I pull my head out of the sand now????

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad I took the VRIF in 2010! Locked the benefits in. Sure working for another pharma company is different, but the view is different. Best to all!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you realize that you would have been deselected if you did not take it !

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The soldier was given the opportunity to take part in a top-secret performance-enhancing experiment called Operation Rebirth

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell us more! Enquiring soldiers want to know.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People always think the pasture is greener on the other side. Most of the former employees I talk to wish they could get their jobs back.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's total Bull$hit! I just met with 3 former coworkers from gsk this past weekend. We were all happy we made the move. Things are better on the other side and in almost every case so is the pay. Don't fool yourself There are plenty of outstanding opportunities.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure they are telling you what you want to hear. The fact remains that many of us hear from people all the time that thought things would be better on the outside, and found that almost every place has issues and that they pay was a step back. It doesn't fit your story, but it remains the fact.

Secondly, there are not "plenty of outstanding opportunities". This industry has seen a major downsizing and the streets are flooded with former pharma people from all categories. Many have to look for careers in other areas. Saying otherwise is just an outright lie.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So stay at GSK and remain miserable. I really don't care what you do. Patrol this board and continue to tell people to be happy because it's tough out there. Your only trying to convince yourself not us. Best of luck, pretender.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that is good to the last poster. Seriously who is this GSK poster saying life is great at GSK, really??? Perfectly put, you just stay there and be miserable. I also took the VRIF, new company matched my pay and just as happy as the old, old GSK before it got run down. Show me a happy GSK rep now and I'll show you a liar. Not really sure the GSK rep is really a GSK rep, could be a poser or a TROLL.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You took the VRIF, yet here you are hanging out on the GSK board. Truth be told, you are probably the board troll that also made the other post and decided to post this to support your previous comments.

Bottom line, if you hate your job, find something else. If you already found something else, good for you . Why continue trolling. Why would anyone choose to spend their life wallowing in misery.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not fair I thought I was the board troll. I think we need a program to separate all the trolls. Let's call the pr/hr trolls the bad trolls and the hate pf/deeds the good trolls.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just trying to help my miserable former coworkers and let them know all of the grass is greener out there. I don't think self like the GSK system promotes. I look out for my peers and help them. Continue your efforts. It doesn't change the reality of what is going on.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you were younger and your girlfriend dumped you, did you stand out front of her house warning other potential suitors as to the pitfalls of dating your former girlfriend? Do you understand the comparison?

We are smart enough to make our own decisions and don't really need former employees telling us stories. We can see what really happens. Most people, like yourself, have trouble finding something as good. You want to save face and tell us everything is sunshine and rainbows, but the reality is something different. After a period of time, you figure out that you screwed up, so you start trolling around the board of your former employer trying to make yourself feel better about a bad decision.

You made your choice and others can make their choice.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even though you hear multiple voices in your head, you are still the same person and the one and only board troll. Don't worry, no one is looking to take your title.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I'll bite. The grass is greener where, exactly? You aint got nutting to lose by telling us exactly where all of these happy GSK people are. Shoot, if they are so happy, hated it here so much, and are doing so well, they shouldn't mind you posting some specifics Like you, they should want their former coworkers to have hope!

I'll start. Of all of those that I know that left, a very small percentage are making the same or a bit more. 3 landed at Novo within the past few years. A whole lot of us know who these people are. There are few secrets in OUR region.

With just two exceptions, everyone else that I know either took a big cut in pay, but they are OK with it (Or at least, that what they've told me), or ended up going to one of the big 3 CSOs and took a big cut. The two exception started their own businesses (kinda) and work their fingers to the bone. One owns a franchise, and the other a landscaping biz.

Everyone else that I know is still looking to get back into pharma/biotech, or gave up. My colleagues, coworkers, and friends that I describe were well known here, and have a lot of awards in their history.

They didn't like the direction that we were headed, so they took the money and ran.

OK, let's here about all of these money-making ass-kickers out there! If they're in the industry, there are very, very few places in the past 5 years that were hiring tenured people, and a great majority that are cutting. If they left the industry and are making more in salary, then they are in the minority. I've heard of some people tearing it up in med equipment and device, but they are mostly commission and tell me that the glory days are probably over, thanks to the fear of ACA and its impact on healthcare.

Who is looking for tenured pharma sales and management or marketing directors, and can come close to matching our package? Anyone, feel free to weigh in.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why I just smile and use the new buzz words everyday. Success now is all about appearance, so much easier than actually being measured by tangible sales numbers. I love it here.