VRIF remorse

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you showed everyone! You are the greatest. Success is your middle name. We all at cafepharma really wanted to know how things turned out for you, now hit the road!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #54. That's an interesting statement. According to my birth certificate I am 57. How you, in the netherworld of cyberspace, can determine the accuracy of someone's age, leads me to believe your talents are being wasted as a pharma rep. Acting in "panic", would also not be an accurate description, as I'm pretty methodical....which is how I've gained a substantial net worth over the years. It is also telling, that you insult people, while being able to hide behind the anonymity that your computer provides you. My last point...For most people, these (VRIF) decisions were reached with some difficulty. As for my co-workers who left GSK...I'm cheering them on. The ones I know are good people. My life is good...and the ones I know, even with the temporary difficulty, are having good lives as well. If you are someone of any character, you should wish them well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me assure you--all you whiners and complainers. GSK ROCKS. I left GSk and went to AZ. AZ stinks compared to GSK--so much more micromanaging. GSK is the best pharma I've been with, and I've been employed over the past 22 years with quite a few. BE happy you have GSK. They micromanage WAY less than 98% of big pharma. You whiners will soon find out once you are let go.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To a significant extent, the degree of micromanagement depends on your manager's personal style. Some try as best they can to make the corporate BS easier on you...and GSK has alot...while others, totally embrace the concept of "managing metrics".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. I took the VRIF. I wanted the money. I'm with another Company--I had been with GSK for 20 years and never had a bad, micromanaging manager. I won 5 winners circle trips. I should not have left. I am far more micromanaged now at my new Company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a couple of extreme micro-managers in Alabama (and 1 in NC), but most of mine in NC were great to work for. In NC, Bruce Piercy, John Shrom and Sharon Chernoff did the best they could, to filter the crap that came down the pipe, but they could only do so much. They were having to deal with being micro-managed as well. Regarding the (poster above's) move... I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. We have to make decisions with the evidence in front of us. I'm sorry things have been difficult, but I'm sure you will be able to work through it. Best of luck,

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I most definitely have remorse. I wish I had not left. GSK was a good company!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone received any VRIF stock options and grant awards for Winner's Circle last year, please share with the viewers. They didn't seem to post it in time to our account till after we were gone(July 21st), I tried to get this info before the decision to leave but nobody would give the answer(GSK or MSSB). I feel we should have received 1/3 the share/options free as per the 3 year vesting timetable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, what!?! Where did you land that made GSK seem favorable by comparison - Federal Prison?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Winners' circle 2008 - got 1/3 of the grant vested last July guess 2009 awards didn't vest?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever became of this poor soul?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw him giving flu shots at Walmart.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it, pharma sales is done! I'm hanging on. Tiered way too many times, but this industry ended five years ago. Look at the reps in the office. Embarrassed Hang in there and take our BS tests. Take the money and run!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF, what whiners, I took the VRIF and never looked back. First time looking at GSK CafePharma in over a year and still the same bull****. For Gods sake move on and put your big boy pants on. So many things worse in this world.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: I really screwed up when I left GSK. I can't even make half the money I made before. I hang out all the time on Cafepharma because I miss the good old days. I will just make it seem like life is great, even though it is not.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Negatory, Make just as much money now and no complaints. I know all the GSK people want us to be jealous, but they can kiss my ***. I have no complaints on leaving and love my decision. Love, love, love not being part of GSK, thanks GSK. Your bull**** made me make changes and they have worked for the best. What a joke, thinking you owe your life to this job, I do though miss all the old friends, that is the worst part, not the money, the friends.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, I think he hit the nail on the head. That is why you hang out of the GSK CP board. Now you are stuck in a dead end job at a fraction of what you made before. That is the price you pay for stupid decisions.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Private....I mean, "soldier",
    Since you didn't say a specific job description, sounds like you got another job selling insurance. Wait until you've sold a policy to all your relatives and friends, and then you have to actually sell to the public. You'll be busted and doing KP duty. Then the whining will start on their equivalent CP forum.

When you can't make quota there they'll be 3 inches from you face yelling, "Drop and give me twenty, soldier!"

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, just plain funny!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has this poor soldier recovered?