Voyant Strategy

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2015 at 7:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what is the latest strategy? I hear different ones from different folks including marketing?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The strategy is to drop the price of ligasure. Very simple and strategic.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember what they did to trocars? Same strategy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trocars and endo instruments were profitable once upon a time (i.e. 1996-2005). Now it's a commodity item that 90-95% of the surgeons out there could give a crap about as long as it maintains pneumo and they don't break more than 1 out of 20 times. Applied's mantra is "make it for less, pay the reps less, and gain marketshare" with no care regarding retention of reps. Hence why they have the highest turnover out of any company in the industry. And I've been around 22 years to know......

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, 22 years, you must be an expert! So if I follow your logic, spending more money to make a product and paying reps more money would lead to less marketshare? I can guaran-damn-tee you that Covidien makes their devices much cheaper. The only difference is they do it in third world countries and Applied does it in America.

If you're in the know, what is Applied's turnover rate?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol, who let the Applied troll/loser into the Covidien party?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I let myself in, my easily amused competitive friend.

you, combined with the 22yr guy probably have an incredible amount of experience and I'd bet really know a lot, no?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

grosshans, is that you? I wonder if anyone knows the truth behind why you were fired from US surgical back in the day? What's even more hilarious is how you still work for that washed up trocar company and can't find a job anywhere else. You truly are a visionary!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really think that marketing will allow us to drop price on ligasure to compete??? No way! I doubt it. It is the price of the leaderships all the way to Bryan Hanson.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, not a chance. Applied has always been happy to take less margin and make it up in volume. Unlike us, they're not beholden to shareholders, SEC filings, etc. It's a lifestyle business for Said and his cohorts and there's no way to fight their pricing unless Voyant sh*ts the bed.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our margins aren't any lower than yours. We just know how to design, develop and manufacture better and faster and keep the costs in check, without having to do it in Mexico or China or wherever you're latest plant is.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are too big to move quickly. Just look at energy, the only product that is currently manufactured oversea is our generators. None of the hand piece is manufactured overseas. We are too afraid that someone else will copy our products

Even when the s*** hits the fan with Voyant, we will lower our price to protect; very short term strategy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cov/Medtronic will never lose to Applied. Their ability to bundle and the fact almost every OR has a a Triad will keep them at the top. Wait till their new box comes out, Applied will be a distant memory

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah Right! the design and quality of devices coming out of Applied Medicals All-American Sweatshop is legendary

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm443692.htm

Applied might be manufacturing all their devices in the USA but that does not translate to better quality. All that translates to is that Applied's products are 'Made as China in the USA' and that my friend is nothing to be proud of. Its just a matter of time before Voyant ends up in FDA cross hairs.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea, all those accounts that bought a fleet of Triads because they're "infinitely upgradable" will be so pleased to hear about our "new" generator.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know that the applied medical turnover rate is higher than giraffe pussy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Whatcha want to know?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because you have no original ideas or R&D. Applied marketing is it's just like "" but cheaper. Not even smart enough to say less expensive. Just cheap.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were able to disrupt the market with trocar. What make you think that they will not be able to disrupt the market again with energy?

Forget about their R&D because they will catch up sooner or later, do you think surgeons will accept "good enough" products? If the answer is yes, then Applied will have a share in the game whether we like it or not.

Just common sense

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trocar fails, you loose pneumo. Vessel sealer fails, you have a belly full of blood. I hope common sense actually does prevail...