VKCL's are not CTL's: Know Your Role!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not all VKCL's act this way but there are quite a few who think they can boss reps around or get them to do their dirty work as if the reps work for them. Remember VKCL's many of you are former CTL's with little to no sales experience and it definitely shows with getting the reps to do your work for you routine because you know nothing about vaccine sales. You better learn how to sell and get access to difficult accounts quick! I know you guys thought that the vaccine sales rep job was easy but if it's so easy, why are you constantly hounding reps to get appointments for you or making your reps give you sales data to justify your existence to your clueless DCO? Keep treating the reps like crap and your access will become even less. You have been warned so back off!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My VKCL not only directs my fellow reps and I, but she questions our activity in accounts that she does not even touch as if she is the CTL. She looks at sales info and calls about issues that I have already spoken to my own manager about. And is none of her business. Someone needs to get these VKCLs under control.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OKAM

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that. Mixing public sector with private for one account position was a very bad idea. The public sector account managers had great relationships with our biggest customer, the government and many of them had a lot of vaccine experience. Once again the inexperienced vaccine leadership decided go ruin relationships with customers again like they did with this whole multi specialty position just to bring in more tablet folks to vaccines.

Sanofi piloted this same one account manager to cover public and private last year. The pilot failed because they realized you needed two different skill sets to handle two different types of customers. Merck does not care about customers. Merck cares about saving jobs for its favorite backstabbing suck ups from its dying tablet division.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a VKCL?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A made up position with no value added....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it stand for?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Craig and the three stooges

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A life preserver for former koolaid chugging, backstabbing ctl's. The one in Michigan is the poster boy for failure with the position. Steal account information from reps and putting together pointless meetings with C suite executives that do not lead to increase in doses of vaccines.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems that the VKCL position is one that could be eliminated. There is no need for the duplication that the job creates. There just is not a need for them here in Texas.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well ... Hey there.... Here in Tejas... We only need ONE BAMF!..... That is it ..... Juss one big ole boy to take care of it all...down here.... We jussa eat our youngin's so as we can save some dolla's.... Know what ima sayin' country cousints?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not from Texas, (northeast if you must know) but I agree there is not a need for VKCLs anywhere. I had to laugh at this post. This probably came from a VKCL and it shows that they are idiots and they even know that the job is not needed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does VKCL stand for?
    Vaccine Know-it-All Customer Leader?

Realize that some worthless idiot in WP convinced some higher level imbecile that there was actual value in creating this VK position. And they probably got a promotion for their brilliant idea.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...or Michigan. The one in Michigan could be the worst in the nation making enemies on a daily basis.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The little red suck up is the worse. He will stab anybody in the back to get ahead.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, VKCL's and CTL's will be the last be let go. Merck management and marketing have made sure they would alienate customers with the whole challenge the customers sales tactics and pressure to shorten the sales cycle nonsense. As providers close more doors to reps this will lead to more rep layoffs. Large providers will eventually only deal with Merck people who will have the power to offer real vaccine discounts and VKCL's and CTL's will be merged into one type of account managers who will have that power.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OKAM- Oncology kick ass moron!.... Tee hee!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SS has made plenty of enemies amongst his VKCL peers with his backstabbing and extreme sucking up to his DCO.