Valeant looking to buy Sprout asap

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 20, 2015 at 6:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy em all and let God sort em out WTF

Valeant close to tying up $1-billion deal to buy Sprout Pharmaceuticals: report
    (Ref: CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, )
    August 20th, 2015
    By: Matthew Dennis

According to a source, Valeant Pharmaceuticals is close to securing a deal to acquire Sprout Pharmaceuticals for $1 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday. Under the agreement, Valeant would pay $500 million upfront in cash, with a further payment due next year. Sprout recently won FDA approval for Addyi (flibanserin), making the drug the first cleared for generalised hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women.

To read more Top Story article

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they are predicting the product will max out at 100 mil per year. It's going to have many warnings on the label that don't outweigh the benefits of the drug. Over paying for this is a sure sign of desperation. So, let's hire another 200+ reps to cover women's health division and then fire them all when forecasts are not met. Classic!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO so true . This company is like a heroin addict that needs more and more till they almost drops dead of an overdose.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thats a good analogy. That was a small acquisition for them. Expect another big one before the end of the year. My guess is either in dermatology or eye care. They need a big splash. Upwards of $30-40 billion.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just reading into the full prescribing information on the addyi site. There really isn't that much benefit over placebo in the study, or a statistically significant change. The drug itself sounds like a weaker antidepressant that is not really effective. Plus its side effect profile and drug interactions make it sound like its not really worth it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

but there will be great marketing on this REMS black box product.

Like "unbranded ads to advertise the product"...wait that's not allowed.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

clearly the market loved the deal

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sprout just hired a bunch of sales reps through ashfield. wonder what will happen to them?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

:(Talked to Ashley the recruiter and no one hired from Sprout

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

all sales reps from ashfield will not move forward even with offers and valeant will decide what to do from the big deal is what I heard

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true... The ash field reps will be the sales force. All offers will be made next week.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does valiant have a women's health sales force already? I am interviewing for Ashfield and was told today they are still moving forward with Ashfield and will put offers out next week. Now things can change between now and then. Just wondering if they were already in women's health and psychology?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dumb auto correct. Valeant

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anyone in the "final" interview stage with Ashfield? If so have you heard anything?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a final interview and was waiting for FDA approval. No offer yet and no further info on if it will be coming.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they pulled the plug

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will be hiring all women except for 3 flaming Gay guys book it:rolleyes:

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my two cents is since ValEant has a womens health sales force they probably re-looking at geographies and reps and what needed, realign stuff around, then hire whats needed.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would disagree. Sprout will be run as a subsidiary of Valeant just as Bauch & Lombe is therefor would have their own sales force. It remains to be seen if Valeant will continue with Ashfields reps, however since they have been in talks about this merger since June I would tend to believe it was the plan all along to bring those reps along to become Valeant/ Sprout employees. This product is launching 10-17 and requires people on the ground immediately to infiltrate these offices

http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/valeant-sizes-womens-health-1b-deal-sprout-and-its-libido-drug/2015-08-20