Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it's true. This is their method - they are as proud of it as they are of their tax avoidance schemes - and they have already said on their investor call that they will apply it to BNL to the tune of a projected $800 million in cost savings. Now that you know this do a quick back-of-the-envelope calculation as to what the total BNL payroll currently is. Just make sure you're on the can or wearing your Depends first.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They closed the Biovail HEad office in Toronto - killed hundreds of jobs there too.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2012/04/03/valeant_to_move_headquarters_to_montreal.html

Closed the facility in Edmonton with they bought Cold FX company - hundreds wept.

B&L know this for absolute certainty - there will be downsizing. In every case in every merger - Mike has hacked down to get his numbers.....Stop fooling yourselves.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm one of the "319" and every poster on this board who's gone through one of these nightmares is telling you the truth. All the talk about selecting the "best of the best" is bullshit - they don't spend any time at all reviewing CVs or HR files, evaluating performance or assessing your skills against others. That kind of "due diligence" on 11,000 people takes longer than 2 months!!

You're part of a calculus on a spreadsheet, and it doesn't matter how good you are at what you do or how much they DO NEED YOU. Here's the bottom line: THEY DON'T CARE about maintaining the current business, or compliance, or market share, or anything else! The only thing that matters is that Mike meets his numbers, so he can move on to the next deal.

I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but you all need to stop fooling yourselves and start looking for another job NOW. The ones who leave early are better off than those who stay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a bit more nuance to it, but thats basically true; this company doesn't care about you or me. Sometimes the jobs are lost simply because they don't want the site that went with the deal. Sometimes it's because they've already outsourced your department. Sometimes it's because they already have someone they know doing your job. Sometimes it's because they don't want your line function, period. Sometimes it's because you're in a cost center and they want it to be very, very, very small. So, a lot of top talent gets tossed out as a result; it's just the way it is. The reasoning for doing this goes beyond deal-making and chasing the stock price. It's the operating rationale of the biz that it be functional and at the same time as small as possible.

I'm sure though there are plenty of you corps listening in here who were part of an acquisition, who will remember they were interviewed (albeit briefly) before being asked to stay (or go). In the end, anyone in the acquiring company should expect the worst. This is no different for any company being taken over for that matter (Genentech survivors).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get it now, you are a hot shot surgical/ device sales guru. Congrats on your ego and your utter ignorance to us lowly former Medicis Rx neophites. We sold products that ranged from $500-$1000 per month vs pennies on the dollar generics etc. Made the company a profit margin of around 90% - thats why us lowly Rx pushers made 30-50k per quarter, thats right buddy - you who would do that for 150K- Well we didnt do it for that price tag - we crushed it and made the company , well once again a company of approx 600 people was bought for 2.6 billion because of a small little sales force of about 200 that crushed it for years. We know the good old days are behind us, we are just letting hotshots like you know that - you are very replaceable in this regime- you will not make that money under the B&L banner at this place- so go sell Di Vinci, or Stryker etc because you won't get it here . The place in NY will look like Sherman's march to the sea- devastation left behind- tell your support staff to move on now- move to the Carolinas or any where else they are hiring- WE TOLD YOU SO

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, no, there is no nuance to it. And yes I was part of an acquisition, and yes I was retained, and no, I was *not* interviewed, nor were the vast majority of those at Medicis who were retained. If you want a clue as to how diligent these folks are about their integration planning look no further than Medicis where, yes, they eliminated whole line functions; at both Medicis and Bridgewater, because there is a total lack of communication within Valeant.

Feel free to ignore all the advice you see here to get looking NOW, but when you get your black folder - and it will be on day one, before the ink on the papers are dry - don't cry that you weren't warned. Not meant to be mean or insensitive, but that is simply the fact of Valeant, and no amount of denial will change it. Sorry, but you are the next flock of lambs, and the slaughter is coming.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh pahhhhhhhhlease.
    You sales douchebags are so full of yourselves, you do not even realize nor comprehend how full of hot air you assclowns sound like.
    Sales is sales is sales. IS SALES. A smooth talking pimply faced 13 year old could do your sales job and they would do it for a pack of Bazooka Joe bubblegum and a used playboy magazine.
    In any event, most of you B&L sales people are toast, and you better all treat me right at the next fast food drive thru you serve me at, or else it's your minimum wage job badge you will lose, you f*ckers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly jealous that your pimply ass didn't get the job. We work hard, resolve issues, support physicians and their patients... Go back to bagging at Publix. You are clearly SUB PAR. Get off this board loser, finish you community college credits before you post again!

Thanks ,

All Medicis and Valeant employees

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
    Top rep at my company made 450K last year.
    Still think they're all equal?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The quantity of one's income is not indicative of one's intelligence.
    Look no further than your fat greedy pig CEO of Valeant.
    Sales douchebags are still sales douchebags. It is a fact of life and cannot be changed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The conversation was about ability not intelligence. But since you mention it, it is well established that there is a direct correlation to intelligence and income. Take your serry excuses for why sales people make more money than you and go cry about it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice spelling, sales douche bag. And that was with your spell checker turned on. LOL.
    YOU DUMBASS. Go sell something, nobody wants to buy from you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in a B&L manufacturing plant in Western Europe. I think it would be silly to stick ones head in the sand and think that manufacturing will be unaffected by the Valeant takeover but my question is... If/when there are lay-offs, at the close, do they hand out the black folders in front of fellow colleagues or will it be done on a one to one basis?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG you're too stupid to insult. It's called a play on words you tool. Look up the definition of serry you stupid monkey.

you're a crowd of underlings. enjoy the layoffs, and when you're let go, take time to contemplate why a lower percentage of the sales force and especially those in more "elite" sales positions, weren't let go, compared to non essential people in mid level matrix positions. There will be some layoffs in Rx sales, and very few in surgical, even less in IOLs. Most will be in non sales positions. bet on it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their practice has been to meet with each employee individually, typically a 5 minute exit interview with two representatives from Valeant (one from management and one from HR). Due to the scope and size of this acquisition (which will likely impact all Valeant's operations, not just B&L), they may not be able to do one-on-ones this time, so I wouldn't rule out a group meeting by department or function. Best of luck to you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top surgical IOL sales rep here, I just got the black folder.
    I know for a fact that 99% of the others are also getting cut.
    The stories about Valeant takeovers are true. Life is over.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I sympathize with your current situation, I do have to add that perhaps you were grossly overpaid for your job...in any event, your well paid free ride is over, hope to see you selling manure real soon, you SALES DOUCHEBAG.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But deal not done, how could have got black folder??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way....nice try whoever you are trying to spin a rumor and stir things up. No one has the black folders yet...... Calm down