Vaccines SHR expansion announcements

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I expect highly qualified people will miss out on getting promoted because of the good ol boy network and politics. And I'm a white woman saying this!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huh? It's typically a white woman or a black anything who gets promoted here. It's the good ol gal and melanin network over here in Florida. Maybe you should move here to get the special treatment you think you so deserve?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer lacks diversity period. How many women, black people, or minorities do you see in promoted or leadership positions? Very few. Usually 1 or 2 to fill a quota.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Florida promotes nothing but white women.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know if anyone would really want the position. So far all this group has managed to accomplish is riding the coat tails of pharmacy chains that had previous intent on getting into the vaccine arena. If you remember a few conference calls back the entire focus seemed to be "selling" the Vacc division the need and effectiveness of the SHR's. To date I see uniquely complicated emails highlighting a number of people who have seemly set the vaccine ball in motion in pharmacy chains. Again, the ball was already in motion. The next move is focusing on institutions and LTC. We have an effective ISR team capable of the task and would have been a strong addition to Vacc. Instead they will back burner those individuals and move in the SHR's. Hospital protocols have already been established and PCV13 is being utilized with in/out patients. LTC facilities quality measures are "forcing" a PCV13 protocol. TM's could easily manage these accounts and offer assistance, just as they do in the field every day. Pfizer is taking a streamlined, effective, money making division, and creating a blotted cow. There are good people in SHR but I'm willing to bet many sit in their homes on a daily basis and wonder what they are really doing.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are describing account managers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree. You can't really move the retail business that much. P13 is seasonal and retailers are not willing to make any drastic changes to increase immunization usage outside of flu season. It's not the SHR fault that the structure of their salesforce sucks. Channel solutions does't do much of anything that couldn't be done by SHRs but they make a butt-load of money. SHRs are expected to move mountains, but don't get rewarded for it and it is clear they are not valued by the company. That's why they are expected to do the work of a VAM and IS, but not get paid appropriately or receive an AM title.

8. Reper

Reper Guest

My SHR said she got a $4k pay increase when promoted. Clearly not a lot of money. I'll sit through this boring POA meeting and go back to my cushy PHR job. PHRs will always be needed. SHRs not so much

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be realistic and brutally frank. There is no selling that occurs in Vaccines. We have a great product with an ACIP reccomendation and CMS pays for it. We will never see another year in Vaccines like we saw in 2015. Qudo's to those that got the CDC on board and got CMS to pay for it. Hopefully Pfizer will take a look at this success with other brands. Back to the selling thing. If you jump to Vaccines, you will be "selling" a declining brand. This puts you at the mercy of those that do the forecasting each year. Historically this has been a disaster. Good luck and buyer beware for all those that make the jump to Vaccines!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like a GIP person who has no idea what they are talking about.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, GIP has no idea what real selling is vs sampling.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm so sick of people on here saying that there is no "selling" in vaccines. Spoken like a pharma rep who has no idea what it takes to be an account manager in a division like vaccines. I'm not sure to what part of the job you are referring to as selling but "selling" comes in many form with this position . While the ACIP recommendation with PCV13 definitely helps in the pediatric market , run any EMR filter and you will see there is still work to be done and the "selling" there comes in finding ways to secure the 4th dose is done in as many babies as possible and selling them on programs like postcards or reminder recall to achieve that goal. As for PCV13 in 65+ patients and "selling " is a daily activity because those patients are just as hard to vaccinate as a teenager ... The "selling" aspect of our jobs comes in so many different areas from Burden of Disease , ACIP guidelines, fully vaccinate with max # of doses , run EMR FILTERS, find patients not caught up, etc. when it comes to Trumenba and MenB , then that's "selling" all day. Just getting them to buy in to MenB is the hardest step followed then by differentiating between the 2 diff MenB vaccines without head to head comparisons. Being an account manager means you are there to sell each account on the vaccines and different programs we have to offer to help us partner with each of them in a very targeted sales approach. We don't just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks like Pharma Reps do. That bullshit won't work here and neither do bullshit routing cycles and calls per day bullshit. Wake up and get out of your little activity inspired job description and understand our world in vaccines is dynamic and exciting because each day is designed by what we decide is important based on our goals and not just a mindless check the box pre-routed routine that repeats every 2 weeks. When we say we are account managers that's because we actually do manage our accounts, our days, what we discuss with each account versus how many slides and RTL you sent each account or when did you get your 1st and last Sig (better be before 10am and after 4pm ) ....
    So stop hating on our division just because the boring "rinse and repeat" style of your division is why doctors don't respect you and the staff just look at you like a free lunch.
    P.S
    Enjoy life with roommates at each meeting followed by TBOs that are not even based on the activities that make any real impact of your performance , lol!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for enlightening all of us here on cafepharma. No one is interviewing you so stop lying.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey I gave you a handi wipe last time stop complaining

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A guy I know works for your company- never leaves his house. His company car only leaves the driveway to go to lunch with his wife or to play tennis. Lives the life - sits by the pool, walks the dog, etc. The neighbors shake their heads when this guy talks about how much $$$ he makes.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neighbors must be jeolousy haters. Why worry about how your neighbor is living when he's not selling crack or running a prostitution ring out of the home?

This is bs anyway. Someone doing this would be busted with a glance at his expense and mileage records.

Either way, as someone who has the occasional office day, what's the big deal? What are his sales like is what matters, not how much useless activity someone does.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not BS and the neighbors are not jealousy haters. Everyday is an office day for this particular colleague of yours. Whatever the title- SHR/Account Manager there has got to be a time when you see your customers. I suppose you can call everyone from lunch with your wife and expense that.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it a white guy? Mostly likely a VAM.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

in my area a ton, more women, transgender and gays have those positions

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest