United Way

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the deal with United Way? I do not care for the United Way and prefer to donate to my local Church. However, I am told it is career ending if you do not give, and give big. Thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huh? They did away with this years ago. Your supervisor has no way of telling if you donate or not anymore, unless you show him your paycheck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We still have mandatory meetings we attend and are pushed to donate I even get to attend a dinner at a country club for my level of donation. United Way does a lot of good.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like murdering hundreds of babies? United Way financially supports Planned Parenthood, which advocates abortion.

You can tell Alcon that they can go straight to hell asking you to support such an atrocity.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is legalized extortion. Unfortunately, managers are expected to pressure underlings to contribute so that the corporate honchos can congratulate one another about the high level of participation by employees. Write them a check for $10.00 (so that you have proof of your contribution) as a "one time contribution" and then send your $$$ elsewhere to the charity of your OWN choosing.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You beat me to it!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I find it pathetic that our VPs don't give a cent out of the hundreds of thousands of dollars they make to United Way but yet expect their employees to do so.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Planned patent hood is also one of the most important organizations in regard to Sex education, providing low cost birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy and disease.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are also known to educate and promote contraceptives you idiot .

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does that change the fact that they support abortion???? It doesn't!!!

Idiots like you were probably also praising the tobacco companies when they donated money to lung cancer research. See how stupid you sound now??

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I don't. You only highlight your close mindedness. my response is they advocate for this more than anyone else and without education things would be worse. Way worse. Many more abortions and those are going on in several places.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you just show your ignorance. United Way supports abortion, PERIOD. I don't care if they also plant flowers or save lost puppies. Abortion is murder.

There are plenty of worthy charities that DON'T pay for such an atrocity. So you can stick it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do what I do. Donate to UW then designate the charity of your choosing to get 100%. It simplifies giving and the corporate match helps UW. The administrative fee is paid for so you've got nothing to lose.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good. Had abortions been readily available and legal years ago we wouldn't have to read this shit now.

It's not too late though, take one of your many guns kill your family and then yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better yet, do what I do. Don't give United Way a dime, but tell your supervisor otherwise. They have no way of knowing that you don't contribute. Me and my many coworkers have done this for years. Remember, the top executives don't give either, yet they expect you to. And they make all the $$$. Go figure.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahah. Greatness.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!