Two week notice

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just tendered my resignation and in speaking to my mgr I may not get my two week notice?.....really what is the point of putting in a two week notice then. They have shut me out and said I'm done. So frustrated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not very smart are you !

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? You resigned; you offered to give the company 2 weeks to figure out how to reallocate your current work. The point of giving a 2-week notice is so that your colleagues, including your manager, have a little time to prepare to go on without you. If they said 'you're done', then just leave now (or call in sick). You do not have to give 2-weeks notice; it is convention and polite and recommended, but not mandatory.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you will likely receive the pay for two weeks of your notice, but it is not uncommon to shut things down, and for the rep to not go into the field for those two weeks. They are afraid of the employee bad mouthing the company, or lining up appointments for the new gig on AZ's dime.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is SOP at AZ. They don't trust anyone. This is another example that they always think the worst when it comes to the behavior of the sales force. When you offer your resignation they immediately will cut you off from all communications except those related to your sign out date which will come from your manager.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NEVER give two weeks notice! I quit on a Friday and started my new job on Monday.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a formality. You gave a two weeks notice . You look good on the books .. You will get paid .. Chill..