Too much negativity here

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen everyone we know what has happened at ourcompany, and we all know the parties that are to blame for the mess we currently find ourselves in.

With that said, there is tremendous opportunity for employees who've made it through this crisis with their jobs in tact. Bankruptcy is now off the table, and there is a massive product portfolio that must be managed going forward.

I say this not to sound like a cheerleader, but rather to say that if you are a low level employee working here, your knowledge base is tremendously valuable to new leadership (and will be rewarded if you work hard). Legacy employees with the right attitude and work ethic are going to rise very fast as our company heals and reinvents itself. Very exciting times are ahead.

Good luck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One guy is not gonna save the company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No but he brings a team of leaders, a new culture, and new ideas. I agree with the OP that things will be better for employees.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better for which employees though? The employees that lied and pumped up sales figures or the employees that had to take pay cuts,extra hours and take up the work from others that were eliminated????

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you guys smoking weed? if Papa or somebody else joins the first thing he's going to do is air out everything, all the bad stuff that hasn't been leaked just yet. All of it will have to come out in any new CEO's first 3-6 months (meaning next quarters). He has to act fast while he can blame the previous regime. After six months, it will be his problems so any new regime is going to go hog-wild exposing all the bad stuff. That means serious pain lies ahead - not just for the Pearson clones and yes-men who hopefully will be let go, but for the stock price and those of us who remain at the company. There is more to come out, certainly! Just the write downs of goodwill should be massive, and then there are the painful loadings and hidden bombshells that still lurk out there. What happens to our EBITDA when the one time restructuring expenses end, the one times that were used to cloak real expenses -- we have a lot of bad news yet to come out even if another Philidor-like revelation doesn't happen (and don't underestimate Mikey P, if he coudl do one Philidor he could do three).

So, friends, clearly there is more bad news coming before we can talk about new opportunities, stock price increases, or the light of a new dawn, even if finally we are rid of Pearson. Remember, they gotta now get rid of all the rest of the useless dicks, the Rosiellos, the Chai-Ons, and their friends and lovers, right? Get rid of them all, here in US, in Mexico, in Europe, in Asia....It will be a serioius spring cleaning with all the new hires who replace the old assholes immediately (to cover their asses and not take the blame in future) exposing all sorts of historical stuff that Pearson and PWC have been sweeping under the carpet for fear of liability (all of which will be reported to Wall Street by the new boys). Hell, it could well result in further investigations and another few legs down in our stock price..... The theatre that is Valeant is not over even if Fatboy says Adios!

And how about the old Board? Ain't that a spectacle and can't we expect more fireworks there? Will some of those rats slink off the ship please? Why aren't they standing up like men and admitting dereliction of duty? Assholes, at least have the good grace to move on! You apointed Pearson and Schiller -- you are not victims, you aided and abetted fraud!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1
    I would be surprised if 10K is really clean.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I READ THIS AND GET FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A NEGATIVE DOOM SAYER WHO IS CLUELESS. WE HAVE SURVIVED THE CRISIS. AS A SENIOR MANAGER I READ YOUR POST AND NEARLY FLIPPED OUT !!! UNLIKE YOU, THE VAST MAJORITY OF OUR FLOCK IS LOYAL AND HARDWORKING AND CONFIDENT . SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The negativity is due to the constant frustrations with this company. Now we have a guy running Salix who has not one year of experience running a pharma company. Mike has built a business with the people who do his bidding and apparently the board continues to support this behavior. Right now the company has many mckinsey grads and mike followers that have very little experience running departments..rob rosiello as CFO, ari running derm and Bausch, brian stolz running neuro and generics, andrew davis as business developer, and mark mckenna running Salix. Everyone that works with these guys are frustrated that they do not get any leadership from them- only a few suggestions on how to engineer the quarter. The only thing these guys had going for them were acquisitions from a loose debt market, price increases, cost cuts, and the occasional new product that launched. Up to now, they all relied on mike to tell them what that engineering equation needed to be. It's embarrassing to see how they had to run everything by mike- what will they do without him. The scary thing is that these guys are making decisions without long term understanding or care of how a business needs to sustain itself. Hence the predicament we are in as a company- no one ever worried that the environment of pricing and managed care would evolve or turn the tables. Or, maybe they did know but stood to make millions before it all came apart. The solution was a Walgreens program that was quickly rushed and now everyone is trying to figure out if we can make money. Believe me, we are all looking forward to a new CEO and this team everyone assumes he will bring.

- just another frustrated employee

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get furious when you think we "survived the crisis." There is still a lot to come out and many changes to be made. Some of it starts this week with MPs session with congress.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As I read these posts, I am overtaken by the simple facts that most who respond on here are unwilling to acknowledge! I suggest you read some of the press that many outlets have posted regarding the likely scenarios that most likely will happen in the next couple weeks and months ahead. I will not paraphrase cause I would not do justice to the articles that point out the details. However; many of the articles out there have stated that clear fraud was committed by VRX management which lies on the shoulders of Pearson. He and others if pursued by the Justice department should do jail time. That's the least of the worries though. April 29, 2016 is a critical date for the K-10 to come out. Any more bad accounting or problems with that and it's lights out. Debt in relation to actual value is a major concern since if assets need to be sold, the value of those assets will be highly scrutinized to the point that whoever buys them will get deals of the century assuming a bidding war doesn't happen, which IMO won't cause companies will be leary to buy any VRX assets due to uncertainty of true value of the assets. So then how does the debt get paid while still having value in the company? Great question right? There lies the problem with investors wanting anything to do with VRX. I have read many think this stock is going to pennies on the dollar. Perhaps zero! Not sure how that could happen unless the K-10 is full of BS, but I wouldn't be surprised unless total liquidation and bankruptcy happen which many think will.

While these thoughts seem to be more likely than a stock rebounding, it's amazing to me all the people either in denial, or deliriously optimistic. I feel for the "Joes" of VRX who lost lots in their 401ks. Tough to rebound from that. You got dishonest people running the company and it will hurt everyone when it's all said and done!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just practicing your leadership skills here before you try it on your staff?

Bankruptcy is not off the table. It may look that way to some but there is still plenty of dirty laundry that could erupt into a scandal that hits the stock prices.

The low level employees you are talking about are mostly contractors. The place is full of them. Some are looking for a job and others are looking to maximize their OT. Do you really think there will be massive hiring of low level employees to replace the contractors? Many of the legacy employees in NJ don't understand the industry the work in.

There are plenty of low level employees who work hard because they enjoy the work and like the people they work for. But they are under no illusions that the company will suddenly reward or promote them. They are more concerned about the restructuring that Papa will do or what happens if Valeant sells them off.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If reading an anonymous post in cafapharma causes you to flip out, you are the perfect example of why much of our senior management is unfit to lead this company now or in the future.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL...this is funny because it's true.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shows that senior management at Valeant wouldn't even get a look at a real pharmaceutical company! So sad.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Real bad karma here. This is going to get really bad. Hold onto your hat.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's bad?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well Everything is bad because you all at Valeant are fraudsters and liars!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've seen the revised financials....they're much better than what most people on this board/the media is expecting.