Too many ride alongs!!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Between the FLLs, FVPs and SECs, there are too many ride alongs. Offices barely want to see us and our multiple counterparts as it is.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Given the nature of the business and the reputation, it's a bit careless on how we operate. Offices keep closing and we have become one of the worst offenders sending in 12 GSK managers in to the same offices,

For every 10 offices that have access, 1 are walk back, 3 are window witness, 2 are lunch only, 2 are send iPad back, and 2 go back with permission. That maybe generous for some areas and given that it's hard to consistently do ride alongs fighting over the same offices.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ride alongs are bad enough, the theater that the managers use is what puts the icing on the cake for this charade.

They really have zero clue as to what criteria is, just acting........Action!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course the real reason we don't want ride alongs is that we are forced to work a full day and that we can't just do the typical sample drop routine.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many actual "full days " of work are in a given territory each week.........maybe 2, maybe.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And if it were not for ride alongs, that number would be less.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The corporate bully is sent back to quiet down any dissent from the peons about what is really happening out there. Typical pharma industry--truth is not welcome and we continue to wreck relationships we have built. And please corporate bully. Stop the bs about how little we work. Many people work very hard despite the company roadblocks.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yo Dick weed, just for your information, we see much fewer doctors when the manager is with us then on a normal day. And if you knew what you were talking about you would understand why. First off our meeting typically starts with breakfast and going over data which takes us to about 10 o'clock. Then we make several calls as well as lunch appt and sit down and go over our field contact report starting about 230 in the afternoon. Then, spend the next hour and a half doing the circle jerk, going over the field contact report and there's your day. So in reality Manager ride along made your day much less impactful and actually Saw much fewer physicians.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride alongs are orchestrated fantasy work days. You go to offices you 1. Can get into 2. Have a doc with social skills 3. Use the med/or high volume. 4. That will actually face you. 5. Right geography, can't make managers drive too far. 6. Have lunch scheduled.

This is why EVERYONE fights to get in these offices and they get sick of it. To pretend that there aren't barriers is delusional, which most FLL and SLL are.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yo, Dick weed. You spend most of your day hanging out at the local coffee shop and the mall and maybe just 2 hours in the field. The problem with the ride alongs is that you are forced to actually work a full day and this is hard for you to do. Suck it up, snowflake and stop your whining and crying. You are pathetic.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The point is largely of the structure of vs doing ride alongs, huge difference. Pharma ride alongs, specifically GSK has a broken model in a field where access is bad.

Many sales companies enjoy their ride alongs, you have to look at other places and look why one would hate the current model.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Millennial doesn't like managers getting in his way or taking up his time...nor work contacts...where face to face the manager is next to you.......you would rather be left alone and have them send you a salary. Right?
    hahhahahaha hahaha hahhahahahahhahahahahha

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What we really need is more frequency....because that really works.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a field visit should be a business review, a lunch and one other appointment....the good managers get it.....if you have a 9 to 4 manager who wants you to do walk in calls, get another job. Life is too short.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last century when I was hired, I was working 1/3 of a state. They trusted me. Boss would come up every 6-8 weeks.....meet me for lunch, discuss my territory for a couple hours, ask how he could help me, and was a good friend. That night he would take me and the wife out to a nice steakhouse. he would go home the next morning. Really ! Maybe a district meeting every quarter in a good fun town, and maybe a regional meet once per year.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean it is bad for you since you lack the skills to get into offices, which then causes you embarrassment on the ride alongs. Maybe you are in the wrong career. You certainly know how to serve a good "sammich" so maybe you can get a job at a local Subway franchise.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a great topic that has a lot of merit. The manager role is antiquated. It hasn't kept pace or accounted for the changes representatives face on a daily basis. Any manger worth their salt wold know how to play the game. Meet rep in the morning and makes calls until 2PM. After that, find a coffee shoppe and review the day. Let the rep go by 3:30. This should take place only 4 to 5 times per year...MAX! The industry is shrinking. It is not only the reps that will be impacted, its all of the managers, RSDs, SVPs and even marketing. It's not just our company but the industry. Management needs to back off and let the reps do what they need to in order to drive business (ethically). If they continue at this pace, it will speed up the inevitable..massive industry downsizing. Where one rep will carry four products and cover a massive geography. That means TSMs will have geographical responsibility for several counties and or states.

So GSK, are you listening? JB can you hear this? CM how about you with your ParmD background? Not a hint of business or sales in your DNA. You are smart people, listen..please!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of you are clueless. The same offices get ride alongs and this is a fact. Access is the same for rookies to vets, docs aren't really your friends as you think. They are busy as it is and don't ask who is sampling today.

If you were a hcp how much would you put up with this? Same company having 3 managers, makes no sense.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They haven't kept pace with changes or reality. I've had SEC, SLL, and corporate ride alongs, some of them are laughable how clueless they are to current state of business. GSK is one of the worst disconnects I've ever seen. I play the game.

Offices keep closing left and right, not surprised.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......wwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.........my manager wants to work with me, so now I have to put in mire than 2 hours today...........I don't know how I will cope with that......wwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhh.......wwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhh.........mommy.........make these bad people go away..........wwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhh........wwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhh.