To AZ HR , reconsider Self Identify

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why? Because there are ALOT of Zeneca legacy, or even those with a lot of years with AZ, AND many more that are near or at retirement age with a nice nest egg that would be thrilled to be given the chance to leave.
    Give them a chance to leave with dignity, and YOU, AZ, do the right thing you're always talking about!!!! Isn't that one of our creeds? Think about it, some of these could self identify and leave with SOMETHING!!!!! The $ savings lies therein not having to fork out high dollars,base salaries, etc .
    AND with those individuals leaving with their heads high and with still some level of self respect, in essence they are giving the rest of us continued employment.
    It's the low road taken ,AZ, not to offer this to your most loyal , experienced, and tenured reps.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You'll get nothing and continue to slave for AZ. We are your slave masters and own your ass.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way
    You old codgers have been worthless for years. We are canning you on our schedule

Management

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all part of the focus to win! At the expense of those who have propped this company up, whilst the SSLT is allowed one failure after another.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this crap company has more fancy names for their salesforce. "Morons" should be the name for the whole lot of you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will never pay people again to take an early retirement. Those opportunities are gone now.
    Their stance is that "we gave you an opportunity and you passed it up." "So we paid you for 4 years longer than we wanted to." Kiss your ass goodbye.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True that will never be offered again. But on the bright side, those folks with many years should get the same separation benefits except one extra month. This time only one month between notification and final check out. 2012 was 2 months out of field before final.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WARN act specifies 60 days from date of written notification to effective termination date. This is required for layoffs of 500+ people. Not sure why this time only 1 month between the two unless the number doesn't meet the 500 ppl requirement. Remember that vacant territories would not count toward headcount reduction.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or people who retire or are fired or mutually separate. They will fuck with the numbers guaranteed. That is what they are paying the consultant chain saw company to do.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ISN'T that just funny now. There were over 200 cuts just announced in IT, over 100 of those in Wilmington alone. There MUST be more than 300 of you guys being lined up for slaughter. It's all in how they are wording it and really, who's watching??? The dumb shit Delaware government is "unaware" and happy AZ is "bringing jobs to Delaware" by closing Fort Washington. Judging by their intelligence they must be ex-AZ execs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A plant closing is the shutdown of a single employment site, or at least one facility or operating unit within a single employment site, which results in job loss for 50 or more full-time employees during any 30-day period.

WARN also applies to plant closings or mass layoffs that occur in stages over 90 days. This rule is intended to prevent employers from getting around WARN’s notice requirements by conducting a series of smaller layoffs over time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your naiveté is shocking. Seriously, I mean that. Your heartfelt post proves that we as a sales force are living in a bubble.
    We work for an industry that is exceptionally profitable, and we get treated like landed gentry in Medieval England. We get new cars ever couple of years, have a decent expense account, spend about, what, 3 minutes in front of customers in a given day, get super benefits, and a great salary.

Guess what? Shit has hit the fan, and the chickens have come home to roost. They can't afford to keep this fat-ass, puffy sales force calling on people that a) don't want to see us and b) really can't do jack-shit unless our drugs are favorable placed with the biggest plans or PBMs. And yet, like the petulant whiners that we are, we continue to insist that we get treated like royalty.

Wake up, guys. A large % of us is about to find out how hard it is to make $90,000-$145,000 in the real world. Stop with the "why can't AZ treat us with the dignity we deserve???

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get it. However, we are talking about legacy employees here, sales reps and HQ employees. Workers who have stuck it out to see through the good years and the bad, facing the challenges and coming up with solutions instead of running from them for other opportunities like we've seen from the upper echelon so many times before. People who actually believe in what they do and where they work. Years ago, the sales force made incredible impact on sales. But people got greedy, lawyers and politicians took over and the industry has now become what it is. ironic that the attitude is "company loyalty is no longer respected" yet It is the legacy employees who have helped pave the way for the newer emoyees to enjoy their time at this company.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those of us at Roche know first hand what is coming here at AZ. Hudson is leaving and Pascal is coming here to instill his brand of hands on management. Trust me, he won't give a shit how long we have been here or how loyal we have been. He won't care if you won COE 10 times.
    This will be slash and burn leadership at its finest. Why do you think Hudson was looking to leave in the first place?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok..I am confused. We already had the announcements that it will be single digit numbers. So why are you saying slash and burn? Minimal divisions are being affected. Don't freak everyone out

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because some of us did our homework and don't believe the story line. Pascal always ends up bringing down the gauntlet on the sales force. It is his canvas and paint brush. Go back and look at his history. He makes chainsaw Jack look like a piker.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And don't forget the SOP of the consultant company handling the layoff strategy. They traditionally hold each phase just below the regulatory limits and manage departures at a cost per unit like you would manufacture shirts in a shirt factory. They earn a bonus by managing the layoffs below budget. The first to go will be the legacy pension holdovers from old Zeneca but these are too few to hit the Phase I goal.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok shows how wrong you are. I am a legacy and no one has approached me. Believe me that most of these people would take the package. I am in a division that is not laying off so those will not be the people let go. Remember only single digits.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We shall see my Friend! Remember this is Pascal show now , Paula cannot protect you anymore! Frenchie is coming to town to explain what he meant by 1.5 billion reductions and my guess is single digit was not part of his plan !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Indeed he is. The only digit he is concerned about is the three he will put up your ass