Tips About DSI Job Openings (Especially San Diego)

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

these posts are all dead on. the pipeline is awful, promotions based on FCR scores is downright ridiculous, turnover at DSI is at an all time high and management admits it, the company is truly going up in smoke. once benicar goes the ship is going down and another wave of layoffs coming. any rep who has sense is job searching heavily right now and not going into the offices. the only reps they are going to have left to promote are going to be all the lowest rank reps who can't get a job externally and are the DSi for life types. i think maybe that's the strategy moving forward just keep all the low ranked poor performers who they know are so lazy and unmotivated to even try to put their resume together and apply somewhere else

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fake detailing is the basis for a good rep

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you like being micromanaged. I hear horror stories

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 day rides 8-5 no break 15 calls drilling the shit outta drs sounds about right good luck

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's face it, the company has hit rock bottom when they get so desperate they know to select a bottom of the barrel dead last ranked rep in nation to promote bc there is no one else available bc everyone would rather job search and get out before taking the $500 "raise" for the "big promotion into specialty"

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Manager drills Drs?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company used to be great with a good culture. Now it seems like there is chaos and no future.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again thank Gonorrhea for this. See if left untreated Gonorrhea will cause chaos. Clap for the Clap ....Roborrhea will take you all down with the upcoming layoffs. LEAVE ASAP.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right. When I started there it was actually competitive to be promoted to specialty or hospital and now no one even wants those jobs instead they know it's better to get out quick bc word has spread that you get a whopping $2-3k raise and sell the same shit you already were selling (all the last in class stuff) so why not leave and make way more. That's why they are stuck deciding which candidate to promote the guy/girl ranked 250 or 290 for the spot

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dsi finally made a smart move for a change it sounds like.....promote the worst ranked = higher retention because any other companies won't take them with a shitty rank like that!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah. It's bad.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard upper mgt is who signed off on that shitty rep being promoted so the new crew isn't as hard ass with rank as they claim to be...what a front to have everyone say only top 25% will be promoted and then bottom 5% gets the job....umm, seems like a contradiction... "Great selling" notations at the end of voicemails get old when you have these type of moves

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bottom 5% is the new cream of the crop for DSI they are fighting to keep that group of reps now because that's all they got left LOL

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a "newer" hire with experience - I am treated as though I have never sold anything in my life... I actually bust my butt and try to "win". Every day! My history proves I am capable ... You would never know it... Lots of favoritism ... If I send a success story (yes I know, lame) my DM emails me back and says " great idea" to ME. Not to the team. Another "favored" rep will send a ridiculous "success story that is LAME...and DM forwards it to whole team.! Does DM not know he is doing this? ... It appears they don't care how this looks to me. I got thrown under a bus by a partner for doing something that I didn't do. DM saw mistake .... Rep is a favorite so no apologies to me for slamming me for something I never did. Let's say .... I apparently did not show for a lunch ... Well my "partner" took the lunch..(I had an email with rep agreeing to take lunch ) rep was a no show and I got blamed !! They saw mistake and instead of saying "Wow" we are so sorry ... They just pretended they never did it. (They being rep or DM) I have a very good sales record - some pharma &B2B... I sold products my clients had to purchase , not "write". I am stunned how they welcome new people when my DM has almost all new hires as everyone is quitting -they want me to do a mundane "script" instead of being myself in a doc office .... Uh... These docs look at me funny when I come in reciting a script verbatim with my DM...I am myself again when I go back in.... What is with this place? DM is so critical that I am not myself with them,.. How does that help bottom line? If I were DM I would encourage my Reps and everybody wins... Just my two cents ...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Working 65 hours a week, easily, but was told I still don't work hard enough. That I need to find time between dr calls to get other tasks done that my dm wants me to do. That I need to get stuff done after 5pm, or over the weekend. How about less busy work, and more of let me do my fucking job? Let me call on my customers. Stop pushing the dr when he's giving you the side-eye. Please stop talking!! Worst ride along ever. Worst Monday ever.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All these post are very interesting! Please continue!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is amazing... Similar to what I experienced before I quit! I wanted to learn and grow and was constantly told "no". I'm with an amazing company now with the most incredible team and I still have PTSD from my DSI days. Hang in there. Maybe start looking. If you have a strong track record you will be okay.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just a piece of advice, keep a very very close eye on your FCR scores bc it sounds like you are just the type of rep that the DM is going to burn. If the DM is this apparent with the favoritism, which it sounds like, the DM will screw you over on FCR scores and that's what they look at for your promotions and "merit raises". Buy your 1 year time at DSI and get out. Sorry to hear you're already dealing with that bullshit. I did that a couple years and wish I knew way sooner. You can make $20-$75k elsewhere

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes what's funny is DM is very nice to my face and has given me good FCR scores. What he does is embellish the calls in report- (Like he did something great) I also have gotten some docs on board that my partner doesn't even call on and he gives him (partner) the credit on emails he copies RD on. Our last field ride he told me on s savaysa call I totally messed up the data - I looked it up later and I was correct! he was wrong. He also doesn't seem to know the territory at ALL. Telling me stuff about which docs he knows and blah blah... I ask docs at lunch and they have NO IDEA what he is talking about .... Very strange ..., I was warned by previous reps who have had him -he gives everyone a hard time except for his favorites.... He is embarrassed that 6 reps quit this past year but continues to favor people ... Funny 2 of the favorites Just quit ....he said one of them was bawling ....uh... That rep left as soon as the ferry came by! She could care less!!!!!! She also does not like DM that much ....Very very strange!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is probably my favorite on CP. Glad to know I wasn't the only disgruntled employee at DSI.