Thoughts on Pfizer Retiree Medical Plan

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Tim Buck, Sep 29, 2016 at 1:03 PM.

1. Tim Buck

Tim Buck new user

As a soon to be retiree, I will need to enroll in the Pfizer retiree medical plan in 2017 or opt for ACA/Obamacare. I read some comments on this board in the past about how the Pfizer retiree plan has eroded over time, and some folks actually indicating that you may be better off just to go for Obamacare given the increasing deductibles and coinsurance rates for the Pfizer retiree plan. Would appreciate feedback from those with knowledge and experience on how the Pfizer retiree medical plan stacks up, and what exactly my retiree medical subsidy (approx. $150K) would actually pay for? Advice would be very appreciated, thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you can model your own specific situation on the retiree medical benefit modeling tool. Go to net benefits and click link at bottom of the home page.

3. Tim Buck

Tim Buck new user

I tried but it only works if you are currently an active Pfizer employee which I am no longer.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a LAZY ASS. Why don't you do your homework and report back to us what works best for you? Are you aware of the Retiree Medical Modeling Calculator? Run that and compare to ACA and private plans. I expect your report in 1 week. Wait, you are a LAZY ASS, I will give you 2 weeks.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a LAZY ASS and a F'n LIAR!! in your initial post you stated you are soon to be retired. F-Off!!

6. Tim Buck

Tim Buck new user

NO TROLLS PLEASE:mad: Serious feedback requested, thanks:)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i think you may be the troll. to be eligible, you had to be at least 55 when you left Pfizer. You would have gotten information on how to enroll or collect pension. Suggest you look up that information or contact fidelity or Pfizer hr. Good luck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tim Buck 2, F U.

Turd.

9. Tim Buck

Tim Buck new user

I check all those boxes and will be contacting Fidelity. Just looking for some insights from Pfizer colleagues with actual experience navigating the retiree medical decisions.

10. Tim Buck

Tim Buck new user

Pfizer JERK!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

May we continue? guys? Guys?fellas? All righty then!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would have to be crazy to go on Obamacare where premiums are skyrocketing. Many providers are pulling out of Obamacare. Become informed or you could make a very expensive mistake.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obama care is awesome, I pay $78 month Can't beat that !

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer retiree is SUPER expensive!!!!!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And deductibles are high. Read and understand the coverage first, then the cost. If you have nothing better, you’re stuck with it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Overall, it sucks. Pfizer should be ashamed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Retiree benefits can only be used with Pfizer plan and not on plans outside the company. It's meant to eat up your stipend as quickly as possible and pass most of the expense on to you!